froggymojo
Topic Author

FL Dice

Sat 18 Sep 2021, 01:18

I was looking to purchase 2 sets but I can't find those anywhere... for a reasonable price that is (some are sold on ebay but the cost is ridiculous). Is there any chance Free League will produce more?

Konungr

Re: FL Dice

Sat 18 Sep 2021, 02:01

1) I don't think it's free league that produces them. I think it's Q Workshop who makes licensed dice for their games.

2) Being Q Workshop. they are just expensive as hell. The regular set goes for like 25.00 MSRP.

3) What I did was buy 3 cubes of mini d6s. They cost like 8-13 dollars a pieces and gets you enough dice for everyone at the table in 3 colors. Then you just pull out some old d8s/10s/12s and you are all good to go.

I hate to say don't buy a product from Free League but the dice are just way too expensive for way too little dice.

froggymojo
Topic Author

Sat 18 Sep 2021, 15:12

Thank you!

I did not realize the dice were manufactured by another company. That probably explains the cost then, as both companies likely take a cut of the profit on each unit produced.

I already have a super cheap set of colored d6s bought on Amazon but really liked the FBL specific set made for the game. Oh well...

Fenhorn

Sat 18 Sep 2021, 17:26

Thank you!

I did not realize the dice were manufactured by another company. That probably explains the cost then, as both companies likely take a cut of the profit on each unit produced.

I already have a super cheap set of colored d6s bought on Amazon but really liked the FBL specific set made for the game. Oh well...
Well, everything is "manufactured" by another company. Free League Publishing is a ,well, a publisher, they write things and publish them. The printing of the books, making of the dice, etc. is done by other companies, just as any other publisher. FL doesn't have printing or pressing machines. I don't think any maker of games, physically makes their own games, those things are always subcontracted to other companies.

In this case, it is another company that has pressed (or however you make dice) the FbL dice for FL, just like there is another company that has printed the FbL books and boxes for them.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Konungr

Sat 18 Sep 2021, 18:14

I would like the FL set more if they came with an actual full set. 6 attribute, 5 skill, 3 equipment, d8, d10, d12

But it doesn't even come with enough for 1 player.

Fenhorn

Sat 18 Sep 2021, 19:34

I would like the FL set more if they came with an actual full set. 6 attribute, 5 skill, 3 equipment, d8, d10, d12

But it doesn't even come with enough for 1 player.
The dice set for FbL is nice, engraved and all that, but it is irritating that, since you have to buy more than one set, then you will get more artifact dice that you most likely will need. I think they said that there was a limit to how many dice they where allowed to put in the dice package.

I have five sets (I am a diceaholic) and therefore I have more d8s, d10s, and d12s that I will need.

Konungr

Sat 18 Sep 2021, 20:15

Well, if you ever decide you want to sell some of the artifact dice I might buy them off you. I just cannot justify the costs otherwise.

Fenhorn

Sat 18 Sep 2021, 21:11

Well, if you ever decide you want to sell some of the artifact dice I might buy them off you. I just cannot justify the costs otherwise.
I think the shipping will be a little bit much.

rennarda

Mon 20 Sep 2021, 12:59

Yeah the dice are expensive but they are nice.

I also have dice sets for Vaesen and Alien, and certainly don't regret getting them. If anything, the FL dice are more useful because there are 3 different die types, and artefact dice, as compared to just 2 for Alien and 1 for Vaesen.