sandor7
Topic Author

Legends & Adventurers Childhood Attributes question

Tue 06 Jul 2021, 05:06

I'm working on using the Legends & Adventurers booklet to generate characters for an upcoming campaign. In reviewing the material, I noticed several of the Attribute spreads of the Childhood tables do not fall into the limits set for Kins by the Player's Handbook: several attributes are assigned 5's even though they are not the assigned Key Attributes for the specific Kin, so their max should be only 4. Is this just an oversight or is there a rule I am overlooking?

Fenhorn

Re: Legends & Adventurers Childhood Attributes question

Tue 06 Jul 2021, 05:44

If you are using the rules in L&A to generate a character, they fully replace the normal character generation rules, except when indicated. This can sometimes generate a unique character compared to the normal way of generating a character.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

sandor7
Topic Author

Tue 06 Jul 2021, 05:56

Thanks for clearing that up.

RedneckRPGer

Thu 05 Aug 2021, 21:51

I have noticed that there are two different Attribute and Skills sets for the Loner background, even though they both have the same description:

Halfling Loner has: Strength 4, Agility 4, Wits 4, Empathy 3, Melee 1, Stealth 2, Sleight of Hand 1, Scouting 1, Manipulation 1

Orc Loner has: Strength 4, Agility 3, Wits 5, Empathy 3, Melee 1, Scouting 1, Insight 2, Survival 2

Where other Kins have the same backgrounds the Attribute and Skills have been the same, so I don't just want to assume this is purposeful difference; but I can't see anything about in the errata.

Any advice for a FL newbie?

Fenhorn

Thu 05 Aug 2021, 21:59

It is on purpose. Sometimes a childhood can be very similar for some kin but less so for others. The Lifepath way of creating a character is meant to create a unique character (that sometimes even breaks the rules for how your normally create a character).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

RedneckRPGer

Thu 05 Aug 2021, 22:00

It is on purpose. Sometimes a childhood can be very similar for some kin but less so for others. The Lifepath way of creating a character is meant to create a unique character (that sometimes even breaks the rules for how your normally create a character).
Firstly, thanks for the extremely speedy reply, and even more thanks for clearing that up.

Only just got FL today, and working my way through it - utterly brilliant BTW.