Brior
Topic Author

How much in-game time for a campaign?

Fri 09 Apr 2021, 17:12

Concluding the Aslene expansion, it would be helpful for me to know how much time your adventurers spent in-game on the campaigns Raven's Purge and Wake of the Winter King. This would give me hints concerning the campaign clock etc. (Feel free to tell me how much your players spent IRL too if you like)

Mr Oldtimer

Re: How much in-game time for a campaign?

Fri 09 Apr 2021, 19:14

We're closing in on three years of bi weekly games and the Ravens Purge final chapter is about to begin. The characters have spent about a year adventuring back and forth on the map, taking some time off during the harsh winter developing their stronghold and setting up trade. I imagine it will be about two more months in game before the end of Ravens Purge, making for a total of one year and two months.

The Winter King will be our next campaign and we almost got the feeling we're hurring through Ravens Purge to get there...

BrotherB

Sat 10 Apr 2021, 19:25

It is a very hard question.
But my group has soon been playing one day every week for about one year. That is 3-5 houers each session, and it feels like we have atleast a half year more to play on Ravens Purge. Then we heading to the bitter reach.
Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.

Arnold

Sun 11 Apr 2021, 16:06

We have played 6 adventure sides (Grindbone, weatherstone, the hollows, hexenwald, eye of the rose and now hightower, my own adventure side) and it took us half a year ingame.
But we had three breaks of one month to two month for the players to learn and to organize their forttress weatherstone.

Melvin

Thu 03 Jun 2021, 09:33

Bitter Reach : 23 games in 10 months, we are at the middle of the campaign i would say, maybe 60%.

hperantunes

Fri 04 Jun 2021, 06:02

Raven's Purge: I'm 52 game sessions in, 27 months IRL, 9 months in-game (started at early spring, winter starts next session).

We've played The Hollows (GM's Guide), Grindbone, Ravenhole, Stonegarden (they didn't release the beast), The Mists of Moorshire (Per Holmström), Eye of the Rose (wrapping up this one), and my players decided to turn back on Haggler's House and completely miss the event because they thought they'd get murdered there.

There was also lots of custom adventuring, and Princess Arvia wants the adventurers to help her conquest Wailer's Hold this winter because she knows the Meromannians are raising an army to take it back next summer. Arvia wants to hand it over herself to the Meromannians as a power move and cement a dwarf alliance for moving towards her main military objective.