Konungr
Topic Author

Re: The Nature of Undeath

Sat 12 Sep 2020, 22:46

What page is that on?

Nvm, found it.

"Three fresh dwarven corpses have been invaded by demonic flesh and awakened as ghouls."

Unnatural undeath doesn't count within the context of this discussion. Those are not "Natural" undead the way humans are dealing with them "often".

Mr Oldtimer

Sun 13 Sep 2020, 00:12

SPOILER

Well, you have Garkhal the dwarf, on page 239 of the GM guide, which tells me that dwarfs may raise as well.

End SPOILER

So, in my campaign, the only kin to not have naturally occuring undeads walking around are the elves, because of their alien origin, the ogres, because they’re bad ass. And most orcs. The orcs are not without their fair share of undead, but being mostly from forest regions and fed up with caring for undead friends and family, they’ve developed a habit of burning their dead as a burial ceremony, thereby reducing undead drastically.
The kin that’s most likely to raise as undead are humans though.
Again, in my campaign.

Ebrim

Sun 13 Sep 2020, 00:18

Yeah, for my game any kin (except elves) could be restless dead (wandering corpses) but it’s way more common with humans. Any kin could be ghosts of a sort though probably with some cultural flavor.
Catch me on Three Skulls Tavern: YouTube or Twitch, an instructional AP dedicated to Year Zero games. Currently playing in a Raven’s Purge campaign and GM’ing a campaign of Vaesen.

Konungr
Topic Author

Sun 13 Sep 2020, 00:34

The pg. 239 thing is good data. That shows both a Halfling and Dwarf Ghost in a place where Ghosts would be naturally. So at the very least other races can have Ghosts.

Again, I am not entirely sure elves could, but maybe they can? Good to know. Maybe there isn't much to this and everyone just has undead all the time naturally. I just noticed that the human entries talked specifically about how they deal with their dead and how it's such a common occurrence while nobody else gets mention of their rituals for dealing with the dead.