Morgoth
Topic Author

Rangned Combat: Draw Weapon vs Ready Weapon

Sat 29 Aug 2020, 22:27

So if a PC has a shouldered bow while traveling, and has to go into combat, does he/she need to first DRAW WEAPON and the also use READY WEAPON to be able to use it? That means he won't be able to move in the same round correct?

Or can he just use READY WEAPON (i.e. this also covering DRAW WEAPON for ranged weapons) and then RUN or SHOOT in the same round?

Fenhorn

Re: Rangned Combat: Draw Weapon vs Ready Weapon

Sat 29 Aug 2020, 22:49

Draw weapon is when you draw a weapon from your belt or that you have slinged. Ready weapon is when you prepare a bow, crossbow or sling with an arrow (or a stone for the sling) so you fire it at a later action.

So if you have your bow slinged, you have to draw it and then ready it before you can shoot the arrow (that you readied).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Ebrim

Re: Rangned Combat: Draw Weapon vs Ready Weapon

Thu 03 Sep 2020, 01:45

“Wearing a bow” is absurdly impractical anyway if you have a bow of any significant poundage so don’t worry about it. The PCs are more likely just walking around carrying the bow (assuming it’s even strung, don’t want those bow strings getting wet). And if they’re carrying it, no draw action anyway!
Catch me on Three Skulls Tavern: YouTube or Twitch, an instructional AP dedicated to Year Zero games. Currently playing in a Raven’s Purge campaign and GM’ing a campaign of Vaesen.