Superchunk77
Topic Author

So what's the next Kickstarter going to be?

Tue 28 Jul 2020, 00:49

Now that Bitter Reach is out in the wild, what's the plan for the next Kickstarter for FL? I'm not even running it yet, and I can't get enough.

I've heard some rumors about Aslene? Anything anybody can share regarding that?

Konungr

Re: So what's the next Kickstarter going to be?

Tue 28 Jul 2020, 01:00

The writer of Aslene has commented on here that they are hard at work and has even asked for some information about things people would like to see. Aslene is for sure the next supplement. Wether they do a kickstarter for it or not is up in the air.

Ebrim

Tue 28 Jul 2020, 01:31

The writer of Aslene has commented on here that they are hard at work and has even asked for some information about things people would like to see. Aslene is for sure the next supplement. Wether they do a kickstarter for it or not is up in the air.
Yep, I think that’s all we know.

Hopefully it’ll be a little while yet so I don’t cross my wife’s patience threshold for spending on RPGs.

Brior

Tue 28 Jul 2020, 12:02

I'm currently writing the Aslene expansion as hinted. It will probably be a Kickstarter eventually. Since I wrote Raven's Purge the included Aslene campaign will have connections and follow-ups but will be independant.

BytomMan

Sun 02 Aug 2020, 03:00

I hope there is one for Alderland at some point. I would like to see some adventure sites that are big cities.

Konungr

Sun 02 Aug 2020, 06:45

They did say at some point in the past that there plan was to do an expansion for each of the cardinal directions. They appear to be going counter clockwise (but who knows if that pattern will hold).

Bitter Reach, Aslene, Alderland, and then some kind of ocean faring island nations or some such to the east. Perhaps heavy on the pirate themes.

Brior

Sun 02 Aug 2020, 13:17

They did say at some point in the past that there plan was to do an expansion for each of the cardinal directions. They appear to be going counter clockwise (but who knows if that pattern will hold).

Bitter Reach, Aslene, Alderland, and then some kind of ocean faring island nations or some such to the east. Perhaps heavy on the pirate themes.
Considering myself one of ”they”, the planning is mostly about how to fit the new region into the context of the already published ones. This means that you should be able to go to the new one from one of the older ones and also that a story could evolve from one expansion into the next. That means that as new regions are described some time has passed. While it isn't necessary to continue the story from one expansion to the next, it should be possible. Probably side regions will be written that are outside the main story and can be attached along the way or just played as presented.

Konungr

Sun 02 Aug 2020, 14:22

Considering myself one of ”they”, the planning is mostly about how to fit the new region into the context of the already published ones. This means that you should be able to go to the new one from one of the older ones and also that a story could evolve from one expansion into the next. That means that as new regions are described some time has passed. While it isn't necessary to continue the story from one expansion to the next, it should be possible. Probably side regions will be written that are outside the main story and can be attached along the way or just played as presented.
Thanks Brior!

Is there any plan / intention after the cardinal direcations to fill in the corners?

And if not, whats next? A jump to a completely different part of the world?

BrotherB

Sun 02 Aug 2020, 14:49

[/quote]

Thanks Brior!

Is there any plan / intention after the cardinal direcations to fill in the corners?

And if not, whats next? A jump to a completely different part of the world?
[/quote]

I dont belive anyone knows, but lets hope for the corners.
Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.

Ebrim

Sun 02 Aug 2020, 20:00

As opposed to world expansions after the cardinal directions, I’d think perhaps we’ll see more deep dives and adventure sites for existing world areas.