Brior

Re: So what's the next Kickstarter going to be?

Sun 02 Aug 2020, 22:49

As opposed to world expansions after the cardinal directions, I’d think perhaps we’ll see more deep dives and adventure sites for existing world areas.
That is also a good idea, and the one doesn't exclude the other.

Brior

Sun 02 Aug 2020, 22:54

They did say at some point in the past that there plan was to do an expansion for each of the cardinal directions. They appear to be going counter clockwise (but who knows if that pattern will hold).

Bitter Reach, Aslene, Alderland, and then some kind of ocean faring island nations or some such to the east. Perhaps heavy on the pirate themes.
Considering myself one of ”they”, the planning is mostly about how to fit the new region into the context of the already published ones. This means that you should be able to go to the new one from one of the older ones and also that a story could evolve from one expansion into the next. That means that as new regions are described some time has passed. While it isn't necessary to continue the story from one expansion to the next, it should be possible. Probably side regions will be written that are outside the main story and can be attached along the way or just played as presented.
Thanks Brior!

Is there any plan / intention after the cardinal direcations to fill in the corners?

And if not, whats next? A jump to a completely different part of the world?
My idea, which isn't necessarily FL's plan, is to make it possible to fit the maps together. The Aslene map will be in portrait format as opposed to Ravenland, but keep the scale. The maps will line up at the top, which means that the Aslene map will go further south, and then we'll be able to join northern Alderland to that one, below Ravenland.

Christian Gullfeldt

Mon 01 Feb 2021, 20:28

Any news on the Aslene campaign?
We are a group that's really looking forward to it?

Brior

Mon 01 Feb 2021, 22:32

I actually had a zoom meeting with Tomas and Mattias at FL about Aslene today, and it's well underway. I'll leave the time plan for the leaguists though. We agreed to make the expansion really well rather than to hurry it, and laid down some specifics about the map and format. It will be different both from Raven's purge and The Bitter Reach, but connect closely to the former.

Fabian Matas

Tue 02 Feb 2021, 16:16

I wish It adds more mechanics than the Bitter Reach.

Konungr

Tue 02 Feb 2021, 20:50

I know it's very early for this. But I would like to ask that they make a cloth version of the Aslene map as they did for Ravenland and the Bitter Reach. I would also ask that that map have the letter number coordinates from the Raven Lands map that the Bitter Reach is missing. It's really the only thing I dislike about the Bitter Reach.

silverfoxdmt73

Tue 02 Feb 2021, 23:29

What would you want in terms of new mechanics?

Fabian Matas

Wed 03 Feb 2021, 00:09

I would like expanded official magic misshap table, new misshaps for journeys and also a big bunch of expansion agnostic encounters.

Rules for running bigger cities, faction rules, maybe rules for advanced clases/multiclassing(im already houseruling this). But in general more tools for dm.

Mr Oldtimer

Wed 03 Feb 2021, 09:18

I actually had a zoom meeting with Tomas and Mattias at FL about Aslene today, and it's well underway. I'll leave the time plan for the leaguists though. We agreed to make the expansion really well rather than to hurry it, and laid down some specifics about the map and format. It will be different both from Raven's purge and The Bitter Reach, but connect closely to the former.
Awesome! I’m really looking forward to the next expansion. Also, I suspect you’d like to keep the one bok format from Ravens Purge and Bitter Reaches because of costs but it would be really nice to have future expansions in two (or more) books. One for the adventure itself, and one with new rules, beasts, lore, magic and so forth. Like the GM- guide and Ravens Purge. Much more easy access to relevant info than a huge book. I wouldn’t mind the extra cost for that.
Anyways. Really looking forward to this new expansion. Keep up the good work.

Ehrman

Wed 03 Feb 2021, 16:01

I'd like to see some of the new mechanics of T2K brought to Forbidden Lands (i.e. hit location dice, a full set of weapon and encounter cards). I'd also be interested in possible conversion rules for using a two-dice mechanic like that in T2K with the existing artifact dice, though you'd have to set a max damage for each weapon to adjudicate the potential for too many successes).