I would like to present to you something I made: Wyrm Tales (Ormesaga in Swedish), a comprehensive random content generator for Forbidden Lands, based on the rulebooks but with some addons.
- Generate complete adventure sites with a click
- Create notes and handouts
- Save your favorites for future use
- Freely edit all generated content
- Print to paper with themed layout
- Full English & Swedish support
- Fully responsive design (works on your phone)
- Download & run it offline
Check it out at http://wyrmtales.net. It currently generates:
- Villages (with added names, and also tavern names & descriptions)
- Notes (for general note taking and handouts)
It started out as a small hobby project but ballooned into something a bit bigger than first intended. It has actually been 95% done for more than a year, but a lack of time and the fact that my FL campaign is on ice killed my enthusiasm. I finally found the time and energy to finish it up and publish it, it would be a waste of code not to release it.
I think it might be a great asset for GM:s who need to quickly invent stuff on the fly, without having to stop the action to roll dice and look up results in tables spread over several pages. And since it runs on your phone, you can sneakily use it behind your GM screen without anyone even noticing.
Please have a look and see what you think. If you have any ideas or suggestions for it let me know. I guess the next step would be to incorporate the loot tables, if I can summon the time and energy.