Medical Aid. in the book says...
"If you are cared for by someone during your sickness, this person can roll your sickness rolls instead of you. The healer rolls for HEALING against the Virulence of the disease. Healing potions can give a bonus to the roll. The NATURE’S CURE (see page 123) spell is also very effective against disease."
I don't like this for a few reasons.
1) it only relates to diseases. I feel like it could apply to poisons as well.
2) Someones empathy + Healing roll could be worse than your strength + endurance at which point any medical help just doesn't help because your just tough? Or something?
Here is what I propose.
When attempting Medical Aid to help against Disease the character makes a HEALING roll. The successes of the healing roll becomes bonus dice on your next ENDURANCE roll to resist the disease. Further HEALING rolls in the same day have no effect and each person may only attempt to make a HEALING roll once a day. When attempting Medical Aid against a poison the character makes a HEALING roll against the poisons Potency. Attempting Medical Aid for poison takes a full round. If the HEALING roll wins the POISONED character suffers the limited effect and then the poison ends. If the roll fails the poisoned character suffers the Full Effect and the poison continues. Each person may only attempt to make a HEALING roll once. If a character attempts to provide Medical Aid to themselves they do so at a -2 penalty. Attempting Medical Aid is a Slow Action in combat.
1) it allows medical aid to work in more situations.
2) it stacks with the targets natural endurance and toughness.
3) you can take time to try to help yourself (purging an ingested poison?).
4) Over all I think a more interesting mechanic.