djday51
Topic Author

Other Settings

Sat 16 May 2020, 11:47

Has anyone converted material from other settings into Forbidden Lands rules such as monsters, professions, spells etc? I have a love for Glorantha, so was thinking of making some material
into the Forbidden Lands rules from games such as Runequest.

Anyone converted any material? how did it work out?

lupex

Re: Other Settings

Sat 16 May 2020, 14:19

I have been working on this for several months - viewtopic.php?f=79&t=5881&hilit=Trilemma

It has expanded somewhat, that’s what happens when I have extra time at home, to include a few additional Artefacts and spells, and also perhaps variations of some of the monster entries.

I have used this to help with most of the work - viewtopic.php?t=5226 It works out pretty well, with some tweaking as I go.

BrianNZ

Mon 18 May 2020, 05:35

I've done extensive work for running Dark Sun in the Forbidden Lands setting.

Lots of documents available at: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArMRWhb_Dxr2iJMZp8MPk6UPIj6iDw (password is "samara").

There's a psionics class and psionic talents, an elemental cleric class with it's own 3 spell paths (27 spells), D&D wizards with preserving/defiling rules and 8 paths based on the D&D spell schools (72 new spells), and new Dark Sun races such as Mul and Thri-Kreen etc. I also have some docs on mass combat, custom mishap tables for defilers and psions, and a bastiary with around 40-50 D&D monsters, although those last few aren;t in the docs share because I don't want my players to see them :-)

rik

Mon 18 May 2020, 08:06

Lots of documents available at: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArMRWhb_Dxr2iJMZp8MPk6UPIj6iDw (password is "samara").

There's a psionics class and psionic talents, an elemental cleric class with it's own 3 spell paths (27 spells), D&D wizards with preserving/defiling rules and 8 paths based on the D&D spell schools (72 new spells), and new Dark Sun races such as Mul and Thri-Kreen etc. I also have some docs on mass combat, custom mishap tables for defilers and psions, and a bastiary with around 40-50 D&D monsters, although those last few aren;t in the docs share because I don't want my players to see them :-)
Woah!!! Great work!!
I love Dark Sun.
How long did it take you to finish it?

Tywyll

Mon 18 May 2020, 10:59

I didn't see the mass combat file in your resources. Which one is it?

Also, any chance you'd share those monster docs with others who aren't playing with you??? :D

rik

Mon 18 May 2020, 11:09

I also have some docs on mass combat, custom mishap tables for defilers and psions, and a bastiary with around 40-50 D&D monsters, although those last few aren;t in the docs share because I don't want my players to see them :-)
Also, any chance you'd share those monster docs with others who aren't playing with you??? :D
I also join. :)

Mattia

Mon 18 May 2020, 11:39

I also have some docs on mass combat, custom mishap tables for defilers and psions, and a bastiary with around 40-50 D&D monsters, although those last few aren;t in the docs share because I don't want my players to see them :-)
I also join. :)
Amazing job!