djday51
Topic Author

How Many Locations Per Hex?

Wed 13 May 2020, 16:52

For you guys out there involved in a campaign, each hex is quite large, ten miles across. How many locations do you have per hex
in your campaign? just one? more than one? only one per few hexes? if you do have more than one, how do you place them, do you have a
blown up hex showing more hexes at a higher resolution? how do you have your pcs discover them?

Ebrim

Re: How Many Locations Per Hex?

Wed 13 May 2020, 18:59

I’ve only played with one “site” in a hex. But of course sites can very widely. One site I wrote up for a village involved some old manor house ruins a couple kms away from the village proper. But I didn’t use journey rules for going between the two different “parts” of the site.
Catch me on Three Skulls Tavern: YouTube or Twitch, a Forbidden Lands AP which focuses on learning the game, playing Raven’s Purge

Gangir

Wed 13 May 2020, 22:40

I use 1- misc and 1-real location per hex if it seem ok for the story.

Valyar

Fri 15 May 2020, 07:36

I am using single location per hex as well. If there are several places to adventure they are part of the same adventure site complex. One icon goes on the map only.

Obviously, when we talk about the setting defined locations visible on the map, some of them are spreading more than one hex, but from the perspective of adventure site I consider them as single one during the XP phase.