Ebrim
Topic Author

Distance to the Bitter Reach

Sat 09 May 2020, 18:21

If you say wanted to track hex by hex the journey, could you? Moving from one border hex in the Forbidden Lands and then starting on a border hex in the Bitter Reach?

My players are making the journey (by sea) and I’m torn over how much to abstract it.
Catch me on Three Skulls Tavern: YouTube or Twitch, a Forbidden Lands AP which focuses on learning the game, playing Raven’s Purge

djday51

Re: Distance to the Bitter Reach

Wed 13 May 2020, 08:43

Would love an answer on connections and travel times between the two.

Ebrim
Topic Author

Re: Distance to the Bitter Reach

Wed 13 May 2020, 16:21

Ultimately in my game I decided to hex crawl to the edge of the map and then went into like a week of “narrative time” including a period where they were becalmed on the sea and just forced to wait. Then eventually placed them into the Raven strait in Bitter Reach and we went on.

It worked well enough. One could always just hand wave the whole thing as taking a week and give the characters some narrative downtime. Had my players gone through the Winding Ways or Stillmist, I’d probably do something similar.
Catch me on Three Skulls Tavern: YouTube or Twitch, a Forbidden Lands AP which focuses on learning the game, playing Raven’s Purge