Spiraller
Topic Author

Will you allow your players to buy or pay a smith to forge a +1 or +2 weapon?

Sat 09 May 2020, 14:46

And will doing so still fit within the sword and sorcery genre?

Fenhorn

Re: Will you allow your players to buy or pay a smith to forge a +1 or +2 weapon?

Sat 09 May 2020, 15:14

If the smith in question has the necessary talents to the necessary ranks, sure. In my campaign so far (34 long sessions), I have included one smith that could make these weapons or armours of that quality. The players didn't have time to place on order for a good quality weapon or armour but I rolled a d6 for the some items to see what he already got. They bought a shield '+1'.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Melvin

Re: Will you allow your players to buy or pay a smith to forge a +1 or +2 weapon?

Sat 09 May 2020, 15:15

Maybe, the question is how much time and money do they have to find and pay for such a weapon? What service some Smith will ask them?

Ebrim

Sat 09 May 2020, 16:23

I wouldn’t rule it out but wouldn’t be available everywhere.
Catch me on Three Skulls Tavern: YouTube or Twitch, a Forbidden Lands AP which focuses on learning the game, playing Raven’s Purge

Spiraller
Topic Author

Sat 09 May 2020, 16:27

I'm thinking of making the smith roll a crafting check.

Tywyll

Mon 11 May 2020, 11:40

How much extra would you charge for each +? I think more than double, as they risk wasting materials each time they attempt to craft the item. x3, x6?

Fenhorn

Mon 11 May 2020, 11:49

How much extra would you charge for each +? I think more than double, as they risk wasting materials each time they attempt to craft the item. x3, x6?
Nu har detta bar hänt en gång i våran kampanj och där så tog jag x2, mest för att det var en '+1' sköld det köpte. Sköldar (och vapen) lär gå sönder ganska fort och det krävs ju en smed av samma kaliber för att reparera den. För andra vapen eller rustningar så kan jag tänka mig en högre multipel.

Tywyll

Mon 11 May 2020, 15:10

Nu har detta bar hänt en gång i våran kampanj och där så tog jag x2, mest för att det var en '+1' sköld det köpte. Sköldar (och vapen) lär gå sönder ganska fort och det krävs ju en smed av samma kaliber för att reparera den. För andra vapen eller rustningar så kan jag tänka mig en högre multipel.
Um, any chance you could post that in English?

Fenhorn

Mon 11 May 2020, 15:30

Um, any chance you could post that in English?
Sorry, I forgot what part of the forum I was in :oops: :oops: :oops:

This has only happen once so far in our campaign and then I charged x2, mostly because it was a '+1' shield they bought. Shields (and weapons) will likely break fairly fast and it will require a smith with the same expertise to repair it. For other weapons and armours I can imagine to use a higher multiple.

Ebrim

Mon 11 May 2020, 15:43

Holbenda in Northfall is certainly a character I’d allow to make better versions of weapons and shields. But prices in the Bitter Reach are already typically double and he’d probably double it again for a custom work. More or less depending on how long they’re willing to wait for it.
Catch me on Three Skulls Tavern: YouTube or Twitch, a Forbidden Lands AP which focuses on learning the game, playing Raven’s Purge