Bleddyn

Skeleton and sword

Sun 19 Jan 2020, 17:25

Arrows and POINTED weapons can never cause more than one point of damage to a skeleton. Other weapons cause normal damage.

So, the sword has EDGE and POINTED.
When it deals slash damage, is still dealing maximum one point of damage?

Marcus

Re: Skeleton and sword

Sun 19 Jan 2020, 17:46

When it deals slash damage, is still dealing maximum one point of damage?
I would say: No! It is a big advantage of swords (and some other blade weapons) that you can choose between slash and stab (edged and pointed). So if you use a sword with a slash it is - in this action - not a pointed weapon. Therefore the damage against skeletons isn't affected by the special point-damage-rule. But I'm not a rule master, it is just my point of view ;)

Spat

Sun 19 Jan 2020, 19:09

Well, you can assume that the user will try to attack the skeleton with the Slashing edge rather than the piercing tip.
it seems complicated to pierce a bone, so the user should have enough common sense to use his blade to cut / break them.
Else let the player describe his strike, and adjudicate what kind of damages he provoques.

Rymdhamster

Sun 19 Jan 2020, 21:41

Yeah, I'd also say the "max 1 point of damage" would only apply if the sword is being used to stab with. 

Once that has been established around the gaming table, that's when you pull out the skeletons wearing chainmail! >D

Ebrim

Mon 20 Jan 2020, 03:44

Yeah, I'd also say the "max 1 point of damage" would only apply if the sword is being used to stab with. 

Once that has been established around the gaming table, that's when you pull out the skeletons wearing chainmail! >D
I did this once. :D
GZIP: Off