sefnerr

Talents affecting attacks and the dice pool

Fri 10 Jan 2020, 22:39

Pardon if this is obvious, 
but which type of dice (base, skill, gear) should be adjusted in your dice pool for Talents that specifically state a modification to attacks?
ie "Your attack rolls are modified by +1..." or "...the attack is modified by –2."
I'm guessing you would adjust the skill dice since attacks are based on either Melee or Marksmanship?
Thanks

Mr Oldtimer

Re: Talents affecting attacks and the dice pool

Fri 10 Jan 2020, 23:27

Pardon if this is obvious, 
but which type of dice (base, skill, gear) should be adjusted in your dice pool for Talents that specifically state a modification to attacks?
ie "Your attack rolls are modified by +1..." or "...the attack is modified by –2."
I'm guessing you would adjust the skill dice since attacks are based on either Melee or Marksmanship?
Thanks
As I read the rules, according to CLOSE COMBAT (page 90 in the Players handbook), an attack roll is a skill check. "When you attack in close combat, you use the MELEE skill". Then, on MODIFICATION to skills (page 47 in the PHB, page 45 in the Swe version), modification gives you more or fewer skill dice. Since attack is a skill check and you modify the number of skill dice, I'd say you're correct.

Rymdhamster

Sat 11 Jan 2020, 03:05

Yeah, bonus dice from talents are skill dice (or artifact dice, for level 3). 

sefnerr

Sat 11 Jan 2020, 03:17

Thanks

Ebrim

Sat 11 Jan 2020, 13:47

Any modification on a skill check is done through skill dice. And if it’s a negative modification you can even end up with negative skill dice. If you’re attempting a -2 task but have zero skill dice you’d roll two skill dice and each 6 on those would take away a success.
GZIP: Off