Fenhorn

Re: Whoa! Some big rules changes in your inbox

Mon 23 Sep 2019, 12:00

Did they leave something out in this sentence on page 65 under the Path of the Shield description?

"RANK 2: When you  PARRY, you can immediately spend a WP to not count the PARRY  against your actions in the round, making it."
They have cut "free." out of the sentence. I guess that the plan was to cut out  "making it "free." since it is not necessary.
“I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.” - Eeyore

Spiraller

Fri 27 Sep 2019, 21:35

Did they forget to update the Throwing Arm talent?

"RANK 2: You can throw incredibly far. All attacks with a thrown weapon or a sling have LONG range."

I mean, shouldn't the new stats for rock, throwing knife and throwing axe be reflected here, i.e. increase from near to short?

Morgoth

Sat 28 Sep 2019, 19:49

I backed the first boxed set and its really annoying there are so many changes in the PHB. I have the PDFs yes but I prefer books; shipping is really expensive for me so I can't just order another book or boxed set and I really should not have to. (though I did back Bitter Reach as its a new expansion)

Perhaps instead of rushing out a release FL should spend more time in editing and proofing; I recall the playtest was quite rushed, with changes happening almost till the very last minute, or so it seemed. Heck the Advanced Combat was added quite late in the playtest almost as an after thought.

I hope my copy of Bitter Reach won't be requiring as extensive (or any!) errata less than a year after being published.

Fenhorn

Sat 28 Sep 2019, 21:47

<>
Perhaps instead of rushing out a release FL should spend more time in editing and proofing; I recall the playtest was quite rushed, with changes happening almost till the very last minute, or so it seemed. Heck the Advanced Combat was added quite late in the playtest almost as an after thought.
<>
My beta-log say that I got the first draft December 2017. We had our first beta-test session January 14 and had our last beta-test session July 8. We managed 13 sessions during this period (each about eight hours long).

I can see the message where I asked my brother to print out two sets of combat cards before our first session so that means that the combat cards was there for our first session. 

The changes to the 2nd printing are all very small. The biggest ones they made an errata for. Sure there are some more but I can't say that they are that many or that big either. Most are just clarifications. Most of these was things that FL had already cleared up and answered in this forum. In our group we have played with most of these things on this list since a long time (except for the pure changes, such as the NPC and WP).

Addramyr

Fri 11 Oct 2019, 17:39

Hmm does that mean that the GM no longer uses WP at all?

Fenhorn

Fri 11 Oct 2019, 18:26

Yup. No pool.

Addramyr

Fri 11 Oct 2019, 20:20

Yup. No pool.
So, NPC can't push rolls either?

Fenhorn

Fri 11 Oct 2019, 21:09

Yup. No pool.
So, NPC can't push rolls either?
Of course they can. You as a GM don't have to keep track of WP, that's all.

Addramyr

Fri 11 Oct 2019, 21:14

makes sense :)

Valyar

Fri 11 Oct 2019, 21:54

The best change, quality of life improvement. :)
GZIP: Off