Ebrim

Re: Whoa! Some big rules changes in your inbox

Sat 07 Sep 2019, 05:12

One thing that I know was debated a while back (somewhere), Group Sneak and Scout Rolls and if you can receive help from others when you perform them or not. Now we know that The sad, the one to blame, that is rolling a Group Sneak Roll will do so without any help and the same for the appointed Scout for the Group Scout Roll.
Lol. We need an errata for the errata list. But thanks for having spotted these.
Found another, though just a minor one. In the Slow Actions table, this has been added:

Action: Heal other
Prerequisite: No enemy at Arm’s Length
Skill: Healing/Performance
This change I'm not a huge fan of. I don't know what sort of meaningful healing you could do in a matter of seconds. I'll have to think about what this could really mean in practice. Also it feels to me like it makes the healing hands spell a little less special.

Spiraller

Sat 07 Sep 2019, 05:17

Lol. We need an errata for the errata list. But thanks for having spotted these.
Found another, though just a minor one. In the Slow Actions table, this has been added:

Action: Heal other
Prerequisite: No enemy at Arm’s Length
Skill: Healing/Performance
This change I'm not a huge fan of. I don't know what sort of meaningful healing you could do in a matter of seconds. I'll have to think about what this could really mean in practice. Also it feels to me like it makes the healing hands spell a little less special.
The person being healed still needs to be broken before they can receive healing. Doesn't change things. The inclusion in the table, I presume, is to clarify that it's a Slow action. I checked the Skills subsection just to make sure. But yeah, at first glance, this addition to the table could be misconstrued.

Ebrim

Sat 07 Sep 2019, 14:47

Even still, in my mind it’s not a slow action. It should at least take minutes to render any sort of meaningful first aid. Unless you’re just giving them a pat on the back and a “you go get em tiger” like the performance skill. :D

Spiraller

Sat 07 Sep 2019, 14:53

Even still, in my mind it’s not a slow action. It should at least take minutes to render any sort of meaningful first aid. Unless you’re just giving them a pat on the back and a “you go get em tiger” like the performance skill. :D
Oh, you might be right. Maybe it was never specified as a Slow Action in the first printing. I just always assumed it was.

Fenhorn

Sat 07 Sep 2019, 15:14

Oh, you might be right. Maybe it was never specified as a Slow Action in the first printing. I just always assumed it was.
In MYZ (might be the same for the other Year Zero games) you could do some first aid as a slow action so it might be so that a lot of people who have played that, just assumed that it is the same here. I do remember it was debated a while back since the first aid action was not listed among the combat actions.

For me, I'm fine with it. We have played it like this all of our (18+5 long) sessions now. It is only used to bring back a broken comrade or to stop someone that is dying in x rounds. During a conflict, the various talents and spells are still better. A round after all "represent any period from ten seconds up to a minute".
“I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.” - Eeyore

todneykros

Sat 07 Sep 2019, 19:33

I bought on Modiphius the complete bundle, i just checked the link to the pdfs but the version is still the old one (sneaky goblin), did someone else bought on Modiphius?

Fenhorn

Sat 07 Sep 2019, 20:19

I bought on Modiphius the complete bundle, i just checked the link to the pdfs but the version is still the old one (sneaky goblin), did someone else bought on Modiphius?
Perhaps they haven't updated it yet. Perhaps sending them a support email to check.
“I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.” - Eeyore

MegaMagus

Thu 12 Sep 2019, 04:35

I also bought through Modiphius, I emailed them and they said they had not heard about any rule changes so I should email Free League. I haven't done this yet because I doubt there is much Free League can do given they are not the ones I bought through.

Spiraller

Thu 12 Sep 2019, 09:39

I also bought through Modiphius, I emailed them and they said they had not heard about any rule changes so I should email Free League. I haven't done this yet because I doubt there is much Free League can do given they are not the ones I bought through.
I reckon you should just try. You never know.

Spiraller

Fri 13 Sep 2019, 23:00

Guys... they also added stuff in the Legends & Adventurers booklet. The home region table is the biggest addition.

Page 2: 
2. Roll or choose on the table for your home region (page 4).

Page 4:
[the aforementioned table]

Page 16:
LIVED AS A HERMIT.
Receive a staff, a tent, and a field kitchen.

Page 17:
TAMED A MOUNT. 
Receive a mount of your choice. It cannot be
a warhorse. You also get a staff.

GUIDE.
Receive a tent, a cauldron, and a knife.

HUNTED FOR A LORD.
Receive a well-sewn cloak, a sleeping fur, and a
short bow.

Page 18:
CAPTURED.
Receive studded leather armor and a shortsword.

A LONG MARCH. 
Receive a tent, a cauldron, and a handaxe.

COMMANDER.
Receive chainmail armor, a closed helmet, and a
broadsword.

Page 19:
FAILED EXPERIMENT.
Receive a staff and D6 doses of hallucinogenic
poison.

SECLUDED STUDIES.
Receive a small tent, a cauldron, and a knife.

COURT MAGICIAN.
Receive a [sic] a staff, a bottle of wine, and a cloak.

ENLISTED.
Receive studded leather armor, a closed helmet,
and a shortsword.

Page 20:
CARAVAN.
Receive a donkey and a knife.

LOCAL BUSINESS.
Receive a cart and a staff.

SIDE MISSION.
Receive chainmail armor and a shortsword.

SMUGGLER.
Receive a spyglass and a dagger.

Page 21:
ENLISTED.
Receive studded leather armor, a large shield,
and a short spear.

COMPETED.
Receive a cloak and a dagger.

CARAVAN GUARD.
Receive a long spear.

CATTLE HERDER.
Receive a lantern, a waterskin, and a knife.

Page 22:
ENLISTED.
Receive leather armor, an open helmet, and a
short bow (D8 Resource Die for arrows).
GZIP: Off