Spiraller

Re: Whoa! Some big rules changes in your inbox

Fri 20 Sep 2019, 00:20

Link to Forbidden Lands core pdfs on Drivethrurpg, which are free till the 20th. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/258593
Last edited by Spiraller on Fri 20 Sep 2019, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.

faun

Fri 20 Sep 2019, 00:48

Link to Forbidden Lands core pdfs on Drivethrurpg, which are free till the 20th. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/258593

Please note that clicking a Drivethrurpg link tends to open to the page you last visited on its site instead of the correct page.
It's not the PDF's of the new versions that I need, it's the 3 books I have I want to still use them in the games, but without a complete errata they are just so much paper. The PDF they provided doesn't have the wording or other changes in context so that I can add them to the written book without doing a lot of heavy lifting that Fria Ligan should already have since they created the source material. Just asking for a meaningful update to get the print versions sync'd up. 

Fenhorn

Fri 20 Sep 2019, 01:01

Please note that clicking a Drivethrurpg link tends to open to the page you last visited on its site instead of the correct page.
It's not the PDF's of the new versions that I need, it's the 3 books I have I want to still use them in the games, but without a complete errata they are just so much paper. The PDF they provided doesn't have the wording or other changes in context so that I can add them to the written book without doing a lot of heavy lifting that Fria Ligan should already have since they created the source material. Just asking for a meaningful update to get the print versions sync'd up. 
I have skimmed through both of the books and the only things I can find that the errata pdf doesn't mention are:
* Clarification: Helping is not allowed for the Group Stealth and Group Scout skill rolls (p.53-54).
* Clarification: Chance casting of a spell doesn't count for the "cast it once" requirement when writing down spells (p.120).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Spiraller

Fri 20 Sep 2019, 02:12

I feel you. I wished I knew what the changes in Weatherstone are.

hperantunes

Fri 20 Sep 2019, 02:18

I have skimmed through both of the books and the only things I can find that the errata pdf doesn't mention are:
* Clarification: Helping is not allowed for the Group Stealth and Group Scout skill rolls (p.53-54).
* Clarification: Chance casting of a spell doesn't count for the "cast it once" requirement when writing down spells (p.120).

Hi, Fenhorn. There's a few more, that we've been posting to this topic.

Also:
  • Earthquake (p.136): Clarified that the damage caused to a victim goes in Strength.
  • Ghoulish Aura (p.140): Renamed to Ghoulish Glare.
  • Root Cellar (p.170): "Food" is no longer in the list of things that can be stored for ten times longer without spoiling (Food doesn't spoil).
  • List of Hirelings (p.173): Quarry Worker has been added to the table.
  • Poisons (p.186): Antidotes have been added to the list.

faun

Fri 20 Sep 2019, 02:46

Page 22: GOBLIN KIN TALENT: Nocturnal
Page 30: Naming Example: Josie names her Sorcerer Nirmena Greycape.
Page 46 replace THE GAMEMASTER can push rolls for NPCs, but she never gains Willpower Points. Read more about this in Chapter 4, on page 63.
Page 49: Add to right column: DODGING and PARRYING in close combat are technically not opposed rolls, as they require an action by the defender and can be pushed.
Page 54: replace GROUP SCOUTING When you and other adventurers SCOUT at the same time, you do not roll separately. Instead, only one PC rolls. You decide together who should roll. Helping is not allowed. The result applies to the whole group. Page 56: replace RECOVERY: A person who has had their Strength or Agility reduced to zero is Broken, and cannot act any further. If you apply your HEALING skills to her (slow action) and your roll succeeds, they get back on their feet and immediately recover a number of attribute points equal to the number of x you roll. Read more about damage in Chapter 5
Page 57: replace RECOVERY: When someone’s Wits or Empathy is reduced to zero, you can use PERFORMANCE to bring them back to their feet (slow action), in the same way as HEALING can recover Strength and Agility. Your subject immediately recovers a number of attribute points equal to the number of x you roll. Read more in Chapter 5.
page 60: The Goblin Talent: Nocturnal

so far.

hperantunes

Fri 20 Sep 2019, 03:02

Add to that:

• Path of the Blade, Rank 2 (p.65): Added "Can only be used once per round".
  • Path of the Shield, Rank 1 (p.65): Added "Any unparried damage continues to the intended target, not you".
  • Path of the Arrow, Rank 2 (p. 66): Added ", and you can only do this once per round".
  • Path of the Warcry, Rank 1 (p.68): Replaced "until you perform another action" by "until it's your turn to act again in the next round".
  • Path of the Knight, Rank 1 (p.70): Replaced "letting you draw three initiative cards" by "letting you draw even more initiative cards".
  • Path of the Knight, Rank 2 (p.70): Added "You spend your WP before you roll for armor".
  • Path of the Killer, Rank 3 (p.71): Replaced "for a short time" by "for a few minutes". Added "You cannot force the victim to hurt themselves".
  • Berserker (p.73): Replaced "You immediately recover" by "On your turn in the next round, you recover".
  • Defender, Rank 3 (p.74): Replaced "but only once against the same attack" by "but only once against each attack". Replaced "Only the first PARRY counts towards your actions in the round" by "No matter how many times you PARRY, it will never count as more than one action".
  • Fast Footwork, Rank 3 (p.75): Replaced "but only once against the same attack" by "but only once against each attack". Replaced "Only the first DODGE counts towards your actions in the round" by "No matter how many times you DODGE, it will never count as more than one action".
  • Fast Shooter, Rank 1 (p.75): Replaced "PREPARE" by the proper term "READY WEAPON".
  • Lightning Fast, Rank 1 (p.77): Added "into the deck".
  • Lightning Fast, Rank 2 (p.77): Replaced the entire text by "You can draw an additional card in the initiative draw (for a total of three), and choose which one to use".
  • Lightning Fast, Rank 3 (p.77): Replaced the entire text by "You can draw an additional card in the initiative draw (for a total of four)".
  • Lucky, Rank 2 (p.77): Replaced the example for a more sensible one. :D
  • Pack Rat, Rank 2 (p.78): Clarified that it's "for a total of five".
  • Pack Rat, Rank 3 (p.78): Clarified that it's "for a total of ten".
  • Poisoner, Rank 1 (p.78): Can now craft antidotes.
  • Shield Fighter, Rank 1 (p.80): Clarified that you have to parry with a shield.
  • Sword Fighter, Rank 1: (p.81): Replaced "when you fight with a sword" by "when you parry with a sword".

hperantunes

Fri 20 Sep 2019, 03:51

• Riding an Animal (p.115): Pushing ANIMAL HANDLING + the animal's Agility while mounting will not give you Willpower Points.

Fenhorn

Fri 20 Sep 2019, 07:28

Sword Fighter, Rank 1: (p.81): Replaced "when you fight with a sword" by "when you parry with a sword".
That doesn't sound right. The entire text goes "Your attack and Parry rolls are modified by +1 when you parry with a sword". 
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Spiraller

Fri 20 Sep 2019, 09:30

Sword Fighter, Rank 1: (p.81): Replaced "when you fight with a sword" by "when you parry with a sword".
That doesn't sound right. The entire text goes "Your attack and Parry rolls are modified by +1 when you parry with a sword". 
Yeah, I guess it will be corrected in the third printing. :D