Jeff Mindlin
Topic Author

Marked sites alderstone etc.

Wed 31 Jul 2019, 02:53

Am I right in thinking there is no real info on what’s at the named sites on the map?? Alderstone, wailers etc etc do I have to make these up. And in order to do this do I have to trawl though the books looking for little bits of history so that whatever I put there makes sense?
I mean isn’t this a problem for people? The first places my players will want to go is those as they stand out with names , look large and interesting etc.
I think I would have preferred it if all locations were keyed properly with adventure sites etc.

Fenhorn

Re: Marked sites alderstone etc.

Wed 31 Jul 2019, 05:28

They are ruins after towns, a terrain type. You can use them as adventure sites if they fit the need.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Tomas
Site Admin

Re: Marked sites alderstone etc.

Sat 31 Aug 2019, 22:26

Am I right in thinking there is no real info on what’s at the named sites on the map?? Alderstone, wailers etc etc do I have to make these up. And in order to do this do I have to trawl though the books looking for little bits of history so that whatever I put there makes sense?
I mean isn’t this a problem for people? The first places my players will want to go is those as they stand out with names , look large and interesting etc.
I think I would have preferred it if all locations were  keyed properly with adventure sites etc.
Hi!

Alderstone and Wailers Hold are no more than ruins today. They are just a terrain type on the map. Like Fenhorn says, you can place adventures sites in these areas (Vond is a good fit for Alderstone for example), but you're not forced to - thats the idea of the modular system where you never need to force players to go where they are "supposed to".
Fria Ligan