As a hobby project I wrote an application that helps players create new characters, as well as manage their player characters in an ongoing campaign. As a DM, I also find it quite useful for quickly prototyping new character concepts.
Since I think it turned out quite well, I figured I should share it with my fellow Forbidden Lands players. Please try it out, and feel free to use this thread to give feedback, report bugs, or request new features you think might be useful.
You can find the app here: Forbidden Lands Companion
N.B: I extracted images from the Player's Handbook to populate the portrait gallery in the app. Does this violate copyright? If so, I will remove the portrait gallery before open sourcing the app.
- Helps you create new characters, keeping track of the rules (age, skill points, talents, starting gear etc) for you
- Create new characters quickly from templates
- Helps you manage characters you play, calculating experience points when increasing skills/talents, encumbrance, attribute damage etc
- Dice roller (of course!)
- Available in Swedish and English
- Fully responsive; no matter whether you use the app on a phone, tablet or computer, it will adapt itself to your screen size
- All data is stored locally on your device; this means you won't have to login and all of your data is private to you
- Can be used offline; it's a Progressive Web App so you can opt to install it on your device and it will remain usable even if you have no network access
- Release source code once I know whether I should remove the bundled image gallery
- Add character templates (maybe)
- An XP tracker, so you can create a new character of approximately the same power level as that of the other players, should your current character meet their untimely demise
- Item templates so that people won't have to enter all item data manually
- Add item templates
- Tapping/clicking attributes and skills will display a modal suggesting dice to be rolled based on attributes, skill level, talents & equipped items
- Multiplayer mode: enable a GM to host a session which players can connect to