Lego
Topic Author

Crafting

Thu 30 May 2019, 07:31

When you craft a tent you need tailor OR tanner but some other items seem to require 2 talents. Like a shield smith AND tanner. Or worse yet fishing hook and line also needs 2 both smith and tailor. Lastly caldron needs smith and chef. It seems like the tent should take both also.

For those that take 2 talents if 2 PCs work together and each have one of the talents can they make the item? Also if 2 pcs work together does it reduce the time of things that take longer than 1/4 day?

These same questions kinda apply to the building stronghold stuff. Can you work together and build faster? Also since regular crafting does if you fail to make a building do you loose all the resources?

Slam Hammerfist

Re: Crafting

Thu 30 May 2019, 18:00

The tent needs tailor OR tanner because you can use either cloth OR leather to make it. So if you are using cloth you need tailor, and if you are using leather you need tanner.

As for 2 PCs crafting/building together, it depends on the GM really. Personally if my players asked me, I'd say yes and reduce the time slightly. If they failed, maybe allow them to roll (crafting?) to see if they can salvage any of the resources.

Lego
Topic Author

Sun 02 Jun 2019, 06:41

Looking at pg 53 for crafting there are rules for taking longer but not taking less. If you have someone helping you get +1 that is the same as taking twice as long. Seems like some of the reverse would be true

Lego
Topic Author

Wed 05 Jun 2019, 05:44

On pg 51 using craft to repair an item takes "a few hours" in a quarter day how many items could be repaired. My thought would be 2. Fix a broken spear and some chain mail in the time others are out hunting and resting at camp. Thoughts?

Slam Hammerfist

Wed 05 Jun 2019, 15:05

@Lego, yeah that makes sense, adding +1 to the roll for someone helping instead of reducing time. Also makes sense to me allowing 2 items to be repaired in a quarter day, since it says "a few hours" for repairing instead of a quarter day to repair.