Great to hear from you Magnus!
I have four things that would be good to know/get some info on before the finished book. All can be information that the PCs could get when still doing Ravland.
1) Is there any special trade (even so small) between the north and Ravland? Like, Ravlanders like mammoth-ivory and northerners honey etc. Or any more easy-transported/strange things?
2) Is there the sea-way that counts, or is it also possible to get through the mountains? If the PCs meets someone from the north, or more possible someone who has met someone... how did they get to Ravenland?
3) Can we get a name on a place in the north? Maybe some settlement along the coast?
4) and most important: Can we get one or two legends that have something with the plot in the north to do? I would love to give it to the players and then be able to actually adventure around it in maybe in 30 sessions time. Well placed information is so much fun and will get the players the feeling of a really big world (there is already many Legends that refer to Aslene which I really like). Actually, if the Legends are changed in the final version it does nothing. Things change when they travel far!
Cheers and thanks for letting us in!
Let's see ... my answers will have to be somewhat vague so as not to spoil anything important. I hope you have understanding for that! As we get closer to finished product, I believe that I will be able to answer questions like this in more depth.
Anything might be changed, especially names!
With that said ...
1. No trade per se. Mystical artefacts from the North have started showing up in the southern lands, mostly in Alderland. Who brought them? A closely guarded secret.
2. The way to the north is one thing we are still hashing out. Suffice it to say that only a handfull persons know how to get there and back. We will make it "discoverable" by the PCs for sure, but also don't want to make it an autostrada. Getting there have to be dangerous and perilous ... as well as getting back.
3. There is a place some call Landfall (same name in Swedish and English actually) ... the biggest settlement on the coast.
4. I will write a "high level" legend to share when we are a bit further along with the manuscript. In my own campaign I sprinkle legends all over the place! I love them, so I realise it is a powerful tool.
Thanks for the questions!