9littlebees

Re: Let me introduce myself: I am Magnus and I am writing the next expansion

Sat 11 May 2019, 18:15

For what it's worth, I think I prefer the idea that the bloodmist is limited to the Ravenlands and barely features in the expansion regions.
This is pretty much my view as well, and I don't plan any blood mist in Aslene. They have a lot of other residual problems after having been overrun by the demon hordes though.
Great to hear!

Magnus Seter

Sat 11 May 2019, 18:43

Thanks Brior for weighing in!

I forgot to mention that Brior has the manuscript and is a part of the process. It is important to make it all feel as if it fits together, so Brior's input is invaluable.

Cheers!

/Magnus

Toneturbo

Sun 12 May 2019, 13:16

Thank you for your great introduction!  I'm looking forward to all of the new adventures to come.

I'm also hoping that there will be a few more adventure sites with fixed locations to build on in the next region.

My party have only reached their third adventure site so far, starting in the Hollows.  They are working doing pretty well at earning experience points.  While they are not running out of talents to work on yet, I'm wondering how soon they will max out the on the current selection of talents.  Are there plans to expand on the current talent over three tiers?  Naturally, I hope there will be new ones as well.

Game on!

Anthony

Magnus Seter

Sun 12 May 2019, 14:50

Thank you for your great introduction!  I'm looking forward to all of the new adventures to come.

I'm also hoping that there will be a few more adventure sites with fixed locations to build on in the next region.

My party have only reached their third adventure site so far, starting in the Hollows.  They are working doing pretty well at earning experience points.  While they are not running out of talents to work on yet, I'm wondering how soon they will max out the on the current selection of talents.  Are there plans to expand on the current talent over three tiers?  Naturally, I hope there will be new ones as well.

Game on!

Anthony
For this expansion (and probably the next one after that) no major changes to the rules are planned, so the three tier talent structure won't change. New talents will be added.

Regards

/Magnus

Valyar

Sun 12 May 2019, 16:44

For this and the next? So there is another one in the works? :D

Magnus Seter

Sun 12 May 2019, 17:16

For this and the next? So there is another one in the works? :D

My lips are sealed!

/Magnus

9littlebees

Mon 13 May 2019, 11:30

Tomas has been clear they will be expanding in each of the 4 cardinal directions. I'm personally most excited by the eastern expansion, because pirates!!

Simpa

Wed 15 May 2019, 21:04

Great to hear from you Magnus!

I have four things that would be good to know/get some info on before the finished book. All can be information that the PCs could get when still doing Ravland.

1) Is there any special trade (even so small) between the north and Ravland? Like, Ravlanders like mammoth-ivory and northerners honey etc. Or any more easy-transported/strange things?
2) Is there the sea-way that counts, or is it also possible to get through the mountains? If the PCs meets someone from the north, or more possible someone who has met someone... how did they get to Ravenland?
3) Can we get a name on a place in the north? Maybe some settlement along the coast?
4) and most important: Can we get one or two legends that have something with the plot in the north to do? I would love to give it to the players and then be able to actually adventure around it in maybe in 30 sessions time. Well placed information is so much fun and will get the players the feeling of a really big world (there is already many Legends that refer to Aslene which I really like). Actually, if the Legends are changed in the final version it does nothing. Things change when they travel far!

Cheers and thanks for letting us in!

Magnus Seter

Thu 16 May 2019, 14:48

Great to hear from you Magnus!

I have four things that would be good to know/get some info on before the finished book. All can be information that the PCs could get when still doing Ravland.

1) Is there any special trade (even so small) between the north and Ravland? Like, Ravlanders like mammoth-ivory and northerners honey etc. Or any more easy-transported/strange things?
2) Is there the sea-way that counts, or is it also possible to get through the mountains? If the PCs meets someone from the north, or more possible someone who has met someone... how did they get to Ravenland?
3) Can we get a name on a place in the north? Maybe some settlement along the coast?
4) and most important: Can we get one or two legends that have something with the plot in the north to do? I would love to give it to the players and then be able to actually adventure around it in maybe in 30 sessions time. Well placed information is so much fun and will get the players the feeling of a really big world (there is already many Legends that refer to Aslene which I really like). Actually, if the Legends are changed in the final version it does nothing. Things change when they travel far!

Cheers and thanks for letting us in!
Hello!

Let's see ... my answers will have to be somewhat vague so as not to spoil anything important. I hope you have understanding for that! As we get closer to finished product, I believe that I will be able to answer questions like this in more depth.

Anything might be changed, especially names!

With that said ...

1. No trade per se. Mystical artefacts from the North have started showing up in the southern lands, mostly in Alderland. Who brought them? A closely guarded secret.

2. The way to the north is one thing we are still hashing out. Suffice it to say that only a handfull persons know how to get there and back. We will make it "discoverable" by the PCs for sure, but also don't want to make it an autostrada. Getting there have to be dangerous and perilous ... as well as getting back.

3. There is a place some call Landfall (same name in Swedish and English actually) ... the biggest settlement on the coast.

4. I will write a "high level" legend to share when we are a bit further along with the manuscript. In my own campaign I sprinkle legends all over the place! I love them, so I realise it is a powerful tool.

Thanks for the questions!

Regards

/Magnus

Simpa

Thu 16 May 2019, 20:13

Great Magnus, thanks for the answers! Give us more when it shows up (especially legend/s!) this information was very good. The rumor that magic artifacts from the north is showing up in Alderland is ceartinly a good rumor in itself, but I will not give it to the players yet. And a low level Legend had also been great, to not give the players to much of a straight line to go!

(actually - the sea rout to Alderland is also an interesting topic... why not just go by boat?)
GZIP: Off