Magnus Seter

Re: Let me introduce myself: I am Magnus and I am writing the next expansion

Fri 10 May 2019, 22:10

I suggest for each adventure site part of the book to put a line with recommended or suggested location :)
Heh, I have had that thought myself when I started running Forbidden Lands. But that would go somewhat against the "make the world your own" philosophy of the Free League. 

That said, at the moment we are planning on having a few more fixed locations than in the Ravenlands, to aid with the game master when introducing the players to the area.

Cheers!

/Magnus

lupex

Fri 10 May 2019, 22:58

Will this be released as a kickstarter? If so what is the likely launch date?
Plans around the publishing plan is unfortunately not in my domain.

Cheers!

/Magnus
No worries, I’m just keen to know when this will be out as I’m excited for further lore from this world.
My Forbidden Lands Session Generator - https://perchance.org/fl-session-generator
(Legends, Villages, Castles, Dungeons and NPCs)

My Forbidden Lands Monster Generator - https://perchance.org/fl-monster-generator

lupex

Sat 11 May 2019, 00:12

Will the north expansion have any new magic?
My Forbidden Lands Session Generator - https://perchance.org/fl-session-generator
(Legends, Villages, Castles, Dungeons and NPCs)

My Forbidden Lands Monster Generator - https://perchance.org/fl-monster-generator

hperantunes

Sat 11 May 2019, 02:21

Sounds awesome!

Any plans on adding weather tables? Expanded hunting/fishing tables?

9littlebees

Sat 11 May 2019, 08:05

Hi Magnus! Can you tell us if this new region was affected by the Blood Mist?

Oh, and I'm Matt from Mud & Blood, by the way. Nice to hear you're a fan!

Magnus Seter

Sat 11 May 2019, 11:03

Will the north expansion have any new magic?
We are aiming at including cold magic. To what extent, we're not sure. But magic forces will play a big part of the campaign, so I hope to add some magic to expand on the core rules.

Regards

/Magnus

Magnus Seter

Sat 11 May 2019, 11:05

Sounds awesome!

Any plans on adding weather tables? Expanded hunting/fishing tables?

Yes! The environment plays a big part in this expansion so we're looking at weather, and probably hunting/fishing tables or rules.

Fun fact: when I was but a wee lad the first ever thing I wrote for myself for an rpg was ... a fishing table! Those were the times!

Cheers!

/Magnus

Magnus Seter

Sat 11 May 2019, 11:11

Hi Magnus! Can you tell us if this new region was affected by the Blood Mist?

Oh, and I'm Matt from Mud & Blood, by the way. Nice to hear you're a fan!

Hi! Of course I'm a fan of Mud & Blood ... a podcast about WFRP and Forbidden Lands and Kult (which I have worked on in the past) and grim and gritty is the way I like it!

Re the bloodmist ... tricky question. I am at the moment working off the assumption that the bloodmist didn't reach across the mountains up to the north. Some places might have been covered but not a big area as the Ravenlands. There are other condititions up north that inhibit travel ... but that might change as we explore the setting in more detail. The bloodmist is so important to the feel of the Ravenlands, so we might end up the mist having covered larger areas still.

But for now, no bloodmist in the north. Might change.

Regards

/Magnus

9littlebees

Sat 11 May 2019, 14:11

Re the bloodmist ... tricky question. I am at the moment working off the assumption that the bloodmist didn't reach across the mountains up to the north. Some places might have been covered but not a big area as the Ravenlands. There are other condititions up north that inhibit travel ... but that might change as we explore the setting in more detail. The bloodmist is so important to the feel of the Ravenlands, so we might end up the mist having covered larger areas still.

But for now, no bloodmist in the north. Might change.

For what it's worth, I think I prefer the idea that the bloodmist is limited to the Ravenlands and barely features in the expansion regions.

Brior

Sat 11 May 2019, 15:21

For what it's worth, I think I prefer the idea that the bloodmist is limited to the Ravenlands and barely features in the expansion regions.
This is pretty much my view as well, and I don't plan any blood mist in Aslene. They have a lot of other residual problems after having been overrun by the demon hordes though.
GZIP: Off