Ebrim

Re: Let me introduce myself: I am Magnus and I am writing the next expansion

Wed 04 Sep 2019, 15:41

Oh now that’s exciting.

Jens go game

Thu 05 Sep 2019, 20:24

Thanks Magnus that you introduces yourself this way and your engagement in answering questions. Is the game still a hexa crawl sand box structure like Forbidden lands?

lupex

Thu 05 Sep 2019, 21:07

I would really like to see some guidance on introducing new or replacement characters to an established group of adventurers.

New random encounters and a new monster bestiaryor this region would be great.
YZE Bestiary - https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/320924/The-Servants-of-Memory

My Blog - https://is-it-a-monster.blogspot.com/

Instant Session - https://perchance.org/fl-session-generator

Monsters - https://perchance.org/fl-monster-generator

Lancelot

Fri 06 Sep 2019, 01:44

Thanks for doing this thread. I would really like to know if its going to be more setting or campaign. Like should we expect it to be another raven's purge or more of a new core book? Thanks!

Magnus Seter
Topic Author

Fri 06 Sep 2019, 16:00

Thanks for doing this thread. I would really like to know if its going to be more setting or campaign. Like should we expect it to be another raven's purge or more of a new core book? Thanks!
Hi all!

Sorry for my lapse, I've been writing and writing and writing. We have almost the entire book ready now!

As for your question, The Bitter Reach will, if all goes as planned, sort of "feel" like a mix of the gamemaster book and Raven's Purge. Since Raven's Purge could build on the core rules for setting, The Bitter Reach needs to do some heavy lifting on its own for that. So more rules than Raven's Purge, eg new random encounters.

That said, there is a campaign in there as well.

/Magnus

Magnus Seter
Topic Author

Fri 06 Sep 2019, 16:01

I would really like to see some guidance on introducing new or replacement characters to an established group of adventurers.

New random encounters and a new monster bestiaryor this region would be great.
For the first suggestion ... I'll think about it. No immediate ideas spring to mind though.

New random encounters are in the book, as well as new monsters.

/M

Magnus Seter
Topic Author

Fri 06 Sep 2019, 16:03

Thanks Magnus that you introduces yourself this way and your engagement in answering questions. Is the game still a hexa crawl sand box structure like Forbidden lands?
Yes. we have the map almost finished, same size as the core one so you should be able to put them next to each other to create a big hex map. :-)

Also, I would say that the campaign part of The Bitter Reach is more hex crawl than Raven's Purge.

/M

Magnus Seter
Topic Author

Fri 06 Sep 2019, 16:04

Hi Magnus.

Can we expect new gear like skis, snowshoes, and dogsleds for improved movement over the terrain? How is this going to affect day/light cycles, will there be areas affected by seasonal periods where it never really gets dark/light? This could all be really fun stuff that you don't often seen in traditional fantasy settings.
Somewhere we will need new equipment. 

As for the light/day and stuff, I'm wrestling with that. It's important that I don't get caught up in making The Bitter Reach a climate simulation, but rather take on ideas like the one you suggest, to make it more "fantasy".

/M

Simpa

Fri 06 Sep 2019, 16:14

Hello again Magnus,

I want to remind you about the discussion of getting some Legend(s) about The Bitter Reach to us GMs to feed to the players when in Ravland. If not unneccesary with the Kickstarter around the corner It would still be a really great thing!

Magnus Seter
Topic Author

Fri 06 Sep 2019, 16:47

Hello again Magnus,

I want to remind you about the discussion of getting some Legend(s) about The Bitter Reach to us GMs to feed to the players when in Ravland. If not unneccesary with the Kickstarter around the corner It would still be a really great thing!
We'll get on that soon!

Thanks for the reminder, sometimes things slip from my mind. I sent some texts to Free League yesterday to be used with the Kickstarter, so you'll have some clues soon! And a legend or two before months end I think I can promise.

Cheers

/Magnus