Magnus Seter
Topic Author

Re: Let me introduce myself: I am Magnus and I am writing the next expansion

Fri 17 May 2019, 10:45

Great Magnus, thanks for the answers! Give us more when it shows up (especially legend/s!) this information was very good. The rumor that magic artifacts from the north is showing up in Alderland is ceartinly a good rumor in itself, but I will not give it to the players yet. And a low level Legend had also been great, to not give the players to much of a straight line to go!

(actually - the sea rout to Alderland is also an interesting topic... why not just go by boat?)

There are fierce storms at sea and also some magical forces that hinder travel ... very dangerous.  :)

/Magnus

Valyar

Mon 10 Jun 2019, 08:00

How is work going? Anything that can be shared, something to hype? Too much aliens those days, I want some frozen elves. :D

SatorinVacano

Tue 11 Jun 2019, 13:51

Hi!
  1. A new smal list of "Slumpartade möten" - "Random meetings" should be nice.
  2. New creatures/enemies who who are not so difficult to defeat as monsters.
  3.  Maybee talents whitch you only can reach after performing a number of missions / challenges - such as a Masai warrior must kill a lion before he becomes a man etc.
    Provides good ideas for adventurers and new carrots instead of looking for artifacts and gold.
  4. A enemie as the Rustbrothers who is easy to hate.

Konungr

Sun 16 Jun 2019, 09:01

Are there intentions to add new Kin/Professions with the regional expansions?

Any expansions to the list of gods? I REALLY enjoy the gods lore and would love to see more.

Are there any plans to include alternate rules in the books? Not major official changes, but just options for different ways to play? (kind of like the advanced combat cards as a different way to run combat).

Jeff Mindlin

Fri 26 Jul 2019, 23:28

I would prefer fixed locations. I actually find the current map restrictive. It makes it hard for me to prep - as have to have something for each Symbol location nearby. And I may want a different combo of dungeon, castle village etc

faun

Fri 26 Jul 2019, 23:40

In my game I've given the players a sighting of a giant, and a mother giant demolished a village when her 25' tall baby went to the village to play and was attacked. The PCs found the village and saw the path of the giant away to the mountains. My plan was to leave that rumor available, and perhaps have more rumors or sightings there and in other spots where the giants have awoken. 

My question is do giants and that part of the mythos from the time before the humans arrived in Ravenland when the elves and dwarves overcame the giants play into the expansion. Will we see Giants?

pellejones

Sat 27 Jul 2019, 14:58

In our campaign the Elves play an important part in the old magic item creations and sites with magic stuff in them. A few of the elves are corrupted by their age and magic and their ruby's are black etc. It would be cool with more lore with evil elves :)

Ebrim

Tue 06 Aug 2019, 01:32

Hi Magnus.

Can we expect new gear like skis, snowshoes, and dogsleds for improved movement over the terrain? How is this going to affect day/light cycles, will there be areas affected by seasonal periods where it never really gets dark/light? This could all be really fun stuff that you don't often seen in traditional fantasy settings.

RabidWookie

Tue 03 Sep 2019, 03:39

My groups are all playing FL in other settings, so new character options/magic items/mechanics/crunch would be ideal!