olaskoog

Re: Group/Party composition

Fri 10 May 2019, 08:51

My party consists at the moment of 1 elf (sorcerer), 1 half elf (rogue), 1 human (rider) and 1 wolfkin (fighter).

My idea is that you cannot let generell conflicts rule everything. There are always exceptions. Everybody can be friends and everyone can be enemies on an individual level.

Brior

Fri 10 May 2019, 09:08

My party consists at the moment of 1 elf (sorcerer), 1 half elf (rogue), 1 human (rider) and 1 wolfkin (fighter).

My idea is that you cannot let generell conflicts rule everything. There are always exceptions. Everybody can be friends and everyone can be enemies on an individual level.
I totally agree, and like I've said before, these are basic presumptions in many films and books.

Buttonsnupnup

Thu 06 Jun 2019, 15:23

The game I'm running at the moment is for a party of three, two dwarves and an Orc. It's quite refreshing to be able to paint the humans as the main antagonists.  

They currently operate out of a village called Kinholm, which is a loose alliance of all kin bar humans.  Of course the other kin have their own views on each other but they are united by a common enemy in the Alderlanders and what they have wrought upon Ravenland.

The conflicts presented in the book are an excellent source for interparty conflict, but they also represent an excellent resource for a gamesmaster to plunder when they know the groups composition, you can lean into these old prejudices and see how they play out.

Really love this world!

lupex

Thu 06 Jun 2019, 18:53

My group is made up of an Ailander human, a halfling (who is not jolly), an Orc and a Wolfkin.  Most humans tend to have a variable degree of racism towards the non-human kin. 

Valyar

Fri 07 Jun 2019, 15:47

The current group is made of two orcs, wolfkin and a dwarf... Quite challenging when they reach civilization :)

pellejones

Sat 08 Jun 2019, 11:05

Our party changes due to character deaths but currently:
Two dwarves, one halfling and one human.

hperantunes

Tue 11 Jun 2019, 02:28

Current party: a Frailer, a Crombe, a Canide, and a stray Orc.

Human NPCs are initially suspicious, particularly towards the orc. I handle each village's reaction to the party differently, according to the local context.

Valyar

Tue 11 Jun 2019, 07:23

Do you use the reputation score of the characters?

hperantunes

Tue 11 Jun 2019, 07:34

Yes. But as you most likely know, being recognized doesn't mean people will like you - it just means someone has heard of you and your deeds. :)

faun

Wed 26 Jun 2019, 22:59

2 wolfkin, 2 goblins and 2 humans. We had 2 beard gobs(wolfkin) in our group who got thrown out of a bar and our human sorcerous played up the racism to get on the good side of the barkeep and the human rider took umbrage at this and was thrown out too (well plus he called the bar keep a dwarf which earned him no points). While other humans and dwarves had no problem with the wolfkin but distrusted the gobbo's so to each his own. Factions and towns have a lot more to do with it than race. It's a little jarring in our PC world to get racist dwarves in hiding one moment and welcoming innkeepers the next. My goblin peddler plays both sides up the middle, so if there is coin to be made he will get it either way. 
GZIP: Off