Rymdhamster

Re: [Homebrew] Process for creating new Career Talents?

Tue 12 Mar 2019, 11:22

I can second this, too.

I am looking for a new third fighter talent, too. But the fists talents remind me too much a monk from pathfinder/d&d, which doesn´t fit so well in the FBL setting.
I think i will develop somethink more in the direction of going berserk or commanding others.
There was one suggested in the swedish part of the forum: http://forum.frialigan.se/viewtopic.php ... %2A#p32584

It's bascilay based around fencing (not limited to a specific weapon), feinting and tricking your opponent. Kind of like a swashbuckler ability.

I am unsure of the english terms for everything but rougly translated

Path of the duellist
Level 1:
When you have performed the feint-action, you can spend a force point to make your opponent perform a short action that you choose, as soon as it is possible. (Which could basicly be a parry out in thin air).

Level 2:
After a sucessful parry, you can spend a force point to disarm your opponent.
After a scucessful attack, you can spend a force point to prevent your opponent from taking a dodge or parry action.
After a successful dodge, you can spend a force point to perform a "push" (or is it maybe "shove")

Level 3:
When you have performed the feint-action, you can spend a force point to make your opponent perform a long action that you choose, as soon as it is possible.

Arnold

Re: [Homebrew] Process for creating new Career Talents?

Thu 14 Mar 2019, 15:46

@ Xedric:

Unarmed combat is okay, but when it is buffed with additional talents it looks often like ninja action heros - see the monk in ad&d and pathfinder. This is cool of course, but fits in my opinion more to far or middle east settings than to northern settings like forbidden lands.

But that is only my opinion.

The path of the duellist looks very nice, a swordmaster, thats cool. I think i will adopt this one, like the burglar talents from 9littlebees.