hperantunes

Wailer's Hold

Wed 06 Feb 2019, 02:13

What's preventing the Meromannian dwarves from retaking Wailer's Hold now that the Blood Mist is gone?

Fenhorn

Re: Wailer's Hold

Wed 06 Feb 2019, 02:21

My players, they have planned to build their stronghold there.

But, so far that's about it  :?
“I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.” - Eeyore

hperantunes

Wed 06 Feb 2019, 02:38

Precisely, I see my players making the same move.

I was thinking that if there's something there that's delaying a whole clan of angry dwarves from retaking their capital, it must be quite powerful - something the player characters would have to face if they plan venturing into the area...

Fenhorn

Wed 06 Feb 2019, 02:47

In our last session my players got the legend about those dwarves (have forgotten the name of the adventure site) but I have only told them what region they lived in. I don't know what I will do with this, but I is good to have hooks like this so I can spice things up if I feel I need it.

hperantunes

Wed 06 Feb 2019, 03:03

Is there a published adventure site about Wailer's Hold?

Fenhorn

Wed 06 Feb 2019, 06:54

No but there is one about that clan.

AndersP

Wed 06 Feb 2019, 09:15

Well, perhaps there is something there that don't want to give it back, for exampel goblins, orcs or demons.

If you have The Raven Purge you could use the adventure site Stoneloom mines there.

Aldorf

Wed 06 Feb 2019, 14:33

In my game the Meromann council was planning for months to retake Wailer's Hold. If they succeed the plan is for the clan to reestablish their kingdom and rebuild their great city. The players then got the same idea and after hearing some rumors went to join the council in their efforts. 

The Hold was infested with a large host of deamons and rust brothers with Menderel (general of the military branch) in charge. They had opened a small nexus there and fortified their position in order to defend it. The players' mission was to sneak in to castle, kill Menderel and close the nexus if able. The council ordered them to join a small team of commando dwarfs with Arvia (of the Krombs) leading them. 

The mission succeeded in the end, but the players were captured and sacrificed to bloodling deamons. They were rescued however by something or someone and instead of being viciously killed by deamons they were granted safe passage through the nexus and ended up in one of Merigall's prisons. With Menderel dead, his closest man Denderel took his chance and became the new military leader of the rust church.

My players have escaped the prison and have not yet discovered if the council was actually successful or not, so I will not write it here yet :P

Rasmus

Wed 06 Feb 2019, 15:17

Epic stuff! You seem to have checked off every principle of the game - including ”nothing is for free”.

hperantunes

Wed 06 Feb 2019, 18:12

Epic stuff indeed, I may steal some of these ideas. :)
GZIP: Off