mafusael

Can I Push DODGE or PARRY?

Mon 28 Jan 2019, 11:45

Is it opposed rolls that can't be pushed OR it is reactive actions that may be pushed.

Isn't pushing DODGE/PARRY will boost your WP to make fight longer with using some talents (Halfling or Path of Beast II)?

Waiting for the official reply
Last edited by mafusael on Mon 28 Jan 2019, 15:53, edited 2 times in total.
Custom GM Screen and Character Sheet for FbL
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NTsVe ... YaBTUd9Rau

Fleuri

Re: Can I Push DODGE or PARRY?

Mon 28 Jan 2019, 13:21

While it's being said that on opposed rolls only the attacker can push, I'd allow it for Dodging and Parrying. That's one way to break one's weapons and shields.

Waiting for the official reply.

pellejones

Mon 28 Jan 2019, 14:37

Its not an opposed roll really, its a reactive action right... I allow pushing since it is a roll for a skill.

The1TrueFredrix

Mon 28 Jan 2019, 16:39

Dodge and Parry are both clearly marked reactive actions. So I think they can be pushed. 
Rolls in opposition are not actions
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

Sherman

Wed 06 Feb 2019, 09:34

So, I just had a player have four of her five Strength dice come up 1's on a pushed parry tonight... With zero successes on the rest. I'm not sure how to narrate a character breaking her shoulder trying to parry, but that's ultimately what that looked like.

Fenhorn

Wed 06 Feb 2019, 10:14

So, I just had a player have four of her five Strength dice come up 1's on a pushed parry tonight... With zero successes on the rest. I'm not sure how to narrate a character breaking her shoulder trying to parry, but that's ultimately what that looked like.
At least that player injured himself in combat. One of my players rolled three 1's and thus became broken (he had Wits 3) when he was building camp. This was of course very funny. We all pictured his character sitting on the ground crying with a bunch of tent pegs all over the place.
“I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.” - Eeyore

Rasmus

Wed 06 Feb 2019, 12:12

Yea, for me combat is easy to narrate. You trip and smash into your opponents shield. You zigged left when you should have zagged right and walk right into his backswing. Your knock your teeth out on the metal rim of your own shield. And so on.

We had a blast trying to figure out why our though-as-nails mercenary broke down when pushing a insight roll when interrogating some shady village guards.
GZIP: Off