Fleuri
Topic Author

Cooking

Wed 23 Jan 2019, 21:21

There has been discussion on this forum about Cauldrons and Cooking, but there's no real rule for cooking food without Chef talent (at least I couldn't find it), so here's my suggestion.

The cooking rule works as described in the Chef talent, but instead of automatically succeeding at creating D6 units of Food, player has to roll their Survival skill (So Wits base dice, skill dice and possible gear dice e.g from cauldron) and produces 1 Unit of food for every 6 rolled. For every 1 rolled, one unit of Vegetables, Meat or Fish goes to waste.

I don't know how pushing such roll would work, as losing Wits for burning one's food sounds a bit silly. Then again, if hits and misses would cancel each other out, ending up with more misses means that one just spent a quarter of day and destroyed a whole bunch of precious food: That may be hard for one's self-esteem. ;)

So what do you think?

Fenhorn

Re: Cooking

Wed 23 Jan 2019, 21:42

I use the rule from MYZ (each success on the survival skill check turns d6 units of meat/fish/vegetables into equal amount of Food resource steps). A failure (all failures should have a consequence) means that you have spoiled d6 food instead.

Damage to wits means Fear, Panic, Confusion or Misjudgement. Things that I have experienced when I have cooked. I have also failed cooking. Sounds ok for a game rule to me (also no one forces a player to push his cooking skill roll).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Fleuri
Topic Author

Thu 24 Jan 2019, 12:35

Damage to wits means Fear, Panic, Confusion or Misjudgement. Things that I have experienced when I have cooked. I have also failed cooking. 
Laughed heartily at this. Thanks for the input!

Fenhorn

Thu 24 Jan 2019, 12:51

Yeah, I have several times made coal for dinner (i.e. I forgot that I was cooking)  :cry:
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore