hperantunes

Re: Errata for published game

Thu 19 Sep 2019, 14:38

Hello!

We have now created PDF errata sheets compiling the clarifications and changes in the second printing of the Forbidden Lands core set. You can download them here:

Hi Tomas, some of the changes to the second printing (e.g. chance casting can no longer be used to write spells into grimoires) are not present in the errata.

Does Fria Ligan plan to release a comprehensive list of the changes?

Valyar

Thu 19 Sep 2019, 21:31

Definitely we need complete errata... We are not in situation where we don't know what else is changed, after the findings of the community.
I really want to have all digital products I use in sync, but without errata I am in the dark. :(

Shadrack

Mon 14 Oct 2019, 20:10

As a new owner of Forbidden Lands, but a GM since the late 70's, I love the game and system.
I do feel that there are some things I have difficulty with due to the translation aspect.  I find that everything is there, just sometimes might be worded a bit differently to make it easier to understand.
This is such a minor issue to me since the good of this game outweighs the bad.  
I am really enjoying reading through the rules, Players has been finished and I am into the Kin chapter of the GM book.
Errata would be nice but a continued digital "living manual" even better.  
I find clarifications and examples to be the best way to get me to understand.
As a first post though, I want to make sure I impress how much I enjoy this game.

Jonbertsch

Wed 06 Nov 2019, 04:44

Pg 86

“HELPING OTHERS
If you help another player character or NPC to perform an action, it costs you one action of the same type (slow or fast). You must that you help someone before any dice are rolled. Helping others breaks the initiative order in the round.”

Guessing that middle sentence should read: “You must declare that you help someone before any dice are rolled.”

Shadrack

Sun 24 Nov 2019, 20:36

Pg 86

“HELPING OTHERS
If you help another player character or NPC to perform an action, it costs you one action of the same type (slow or fast). You must that you help someone before any dice are rolled. Helping others breaks the initiative order in the round.”

Guessing that middle sentence should read: “You must declare that you help someone before any dice are rolled.”
Saw that as well on a read today. I think I used the word "state" but same difference.

Jonbertsch

Fri 06 Mar 2020, 05:08

Page 58

CLOSE range is mentioned under Tame Wild Animals but nowhere else in the book is that term used. Probably should read “You must be at NEAR range or closer...”

A_Veidt

Mon 27 Apr 2020, 17:15

Is there a way to get the updated pdf with the corrected erratas?

Fenhorn

Mon 27 Apr 2020, 18:27

Is there a way to get the updated pdf with the corrected erratas?
From where did you get the pdf?
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

A_Veidt

Mon 27 Apr 2020, 21:34

Well, I got it from the pledge manager after the kickstarter. I checked today and it was the same old version.

Fenhorn

Mon 27 Apr 2020, 21:55

Well, I got it from the pledge manager after the kickstarter. I checked today and it was the same old version.
Isn't kickstarter (english version) pdf:s usually sent out through drivethrurpg.com. Email support@frialigan.se and sort it out. It can take a day or so before they answer. Perhaps longer these days.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore