imolit

Re: What have you created for Forbidden Lands?

Thu 11 Jul 2019, 10:27

Anyway, have a play and let me know what you think -  https://perchance.org/fl-monster-generator

Nice, this could be quite useful!

However, I find it hard to read with everything being center aligned. You can improve it like so:
<!-- Add CSS class to your output element: -->
<p class="output">[output]</p>

<style>
/* ... other styles you've defined */
.output {
    text-align: left;
    margin:1em auto; padding:0 1em; max-width:700px;
}
</style>

imolit

Thu 11 Jul 2019, 10:33

I created an app which assists players with creating new characters, and managing existing characters during gameplay. Basically, the goal is to automate as much as possible to allow players to focus on the game and roleplaying. Oh, and it's got a dice roller for those annoying situations when you run out of physical dice. :)

The thread for it can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=4935

Please report bugs, feature requests etc there, so as to not clutter up this thread.

Mr Oldtimer

Tue 16 Jul 2019, 18:00

So, I had a problem running the game because I felt there where too big a difference between the maps in the actual adventure sites and those I made my self. Especially for towns and villages. I didn't want my players to think "Oh, this is a home brew map" or "This is an official map. There's bound to be some loot or leads in this place..." I had to find maps and I also managed to draw a couple of my own that looks somewhat ok, in my opinion. The maps shared here are without numbers or text, for you to use with information necessary in your campaign. I hope they can help when your players end up deciding to go in the opposite direction you had planned or you venture a lot further one game night and you find yourself without a map for the next town on the campaign map. I don't intend on submitting my setting or description for these towns because they're in no way organized or even fully written enough to share. Though a brief introduction to what storys they  hold in my campaign might be in place.

The first map, the city of Svartstena (Black Stone) is the home town of one of my players. The town is quite large and situated where the river Wash and Elya merges. A few official buildings, a temple that looks suspicious, a few shops and the surrounding farms. The city got its name from the black marble found in a quarry nearby. I wonder why they stopped quarrying for stone there... The underlying plot and why the smithy has a hold on the ruling council, as well as why my players sister was taken by the town guard and handed over to the temple... I won't tell you...  

Svartstena.jpg

The second map, the big city of Storsala (Great Ward) is the home town of another one of my players. This town is really large and was founded by some of the Meromannian dwarves as a refuge after leaving Wailers Hold and is only to be used till they manage to retake their home of old. Since the dwarves couldn't bring themself to build a new city in the mountains, it is built on a hill, near the foot of the mountain where their kin, the Kanide resides. Over the years the city was added to and upgraded with fortifications to keep enemies from entering the mountains beyond. After a while humans and halflings came along but they didn't get permission to build homes inside the walls of the fortress so the city expanded even further. Now most of the trade takes place outside the walls, along the docks. Almost everything can be bought or sold in this town. For the right price.
A rumor has it that something sinister is growing inside the walls of the dwarves and the dwarven ruler is said to have fallen ill with a rot that devour his body and consumes his mind. Also, orcs have been seen in increasing numbers in the forests the last few months. Speaking of orcs, wasn't there a band of orcs visiting the dwarfs some time ago, asking for employment as city guards? Perhaps they're scouts, wanting to get to know the layout of the defenses? No, why would they be interested in that? Everyone knows this city is impregnable! At least, as long as you're on the inside of the walls, but I'm sure they would let us in if the need arises. Don't you?

Storsala.jpg

And then there's the peaceful village of Glitterhem (Glittering Home). The village is said to have gotten it's name because it's located on the shore, just down stream from the mighty rapids of the river (which fits in your campaign). The water is always moving and glitters in the setting sun. Or is there another meaning to the name? Wasn't the founding families former highway men? I wonder what treasures they might have buried here...

Glitterhem.jpg

Well, that's all for now. Feel free to use these maps in your games! 

pellejones

Tue 16 Jul 2019, 18:43

Can't access the pictures. If I am not logged in it asks me to log in. If i am logged in it searches in my own dropbox saying "Mappen /Public/Svartstena.jpg finns inte."

Mr Oldtimer

Tue 16 Jul 2019, 19:25

Can't access the pictures. If I am not logged in it asks me to log in. If i am logged in it searches in my own dropbox saying "Mappen /Public/Svartstena.jpg finns inte."
Strange. I’ll see if I can resolve this tonight.

Mr Oldtimer

Tue 16 Jul 2019, 19:33

Strange. I’ll see if I can resolve this tonight.
Or, I might have the time right now.

Maybe these links will work better?

Svartstena
Storsala
Glitterhem

pellejones

Thu 18 Jul 2019, 00:39

They now work fine! Great aesthetic I must say. Good work! (Thanks for heads up in PM, I forgot to reply :) )

faun

Wed 31 Jul 2019, 22:58

I've just finished this based on the Demon Generator previously posted.
I looked for a demon generator post, and then did a google search, and I found one on perchance but not on this forum. is [deleted] yours? it looks good, but I'm not sure if it is still in development or ready for play.
Last edited by faun on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.

lupex

Thu 01 Aug 2019, 08:35

I looked for a demon generator post, and then did a google search, and I found one on perchance but not on this forum. Is ****** yours? it looks good, but I'm not sure if it is still in development or ready for play.

Here is the actual Demon Generator, created by someone else. https://perchance.org/fl-demon

The one you posted is my version for testing code, i thought I had deleted it (please remove the link from your post).
Last edited by lupex on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.
YZE Bestiary - https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/320924/The-Servants-of-Memory

My Blog - https://is-it-a-monster.blogspot.com/

Instant Session - https://perchance.org/fl-session-generator

Monsters - https://perchance.org/fl-monster-generator

faun

Thu 01 Aug 2019, 08:46

I looked for a demon generator post, and then did a google search, and I found one on perchance but not on this forum. Is ****** yours? it looks good, but I'm not sure if it is still in development or ready for play.
Here is the actual Demon Generator, created by someone else.  https://perchance.org/fl-demon

The one you posted is my version for testing code, i thought I had deleted it  (please remove the link from your post).
Google has it, so you might also send a request to have it de-indexed from google and removed from the site map at perchance.org.