The Stroy
Topic Author

Year 0 games compatibility

Thu 20 Dec 2018, 03:20

Given that they use the same rules engine and are on a similar power level storywise, how much compatible are the Y0 games with each other?

I was thinking about using MY0 and Coriolis material (monsters, classes, talents, skills, Darkness points, ...) in FBL, to better adapt the rules to the campaign I'm creating and to have more stuff, especially monsters and NPCs, to use without the need of making my own.

Is that advisable?

In particular, how do you think would it be to use Coriolis damage system (with two pools and no death spiral) in lieu of FBL's?

Tirumbar

Re: Year 0 games compatibility

Thu 20 Dec 2018, 10:14

Coriolis is a far deadlier system in my view. In coriolis your hitpoints does not matter that much - "the crits" is what gets you. And in Coriolis every other hit is a critical.
I have been running FBL now for two groups and since the Alpha/Beta period and I have to say its the less deadliest compared to Year Zero or Coriolis systems so far from what I have experienced. Of course each group and Gm is different so - YMMW

My suggestion would be to take a look at the "monster / demon" creator tables in the Gamemasters book instead of trying to shoehorn in something in from another system,
It quickly offers a broad and diverse collection of hideous monsters you can create at a moments notice and throw at your party.

mafusael

Re: Year 0 games compatibility

Thu 07 Feb 2019, 03:26

I have been running FBL now for two groups and since the Alpha/Beta period and I have to say its the less deadliest compared to Year Zero or Coriolis systems so far from what I have experienced. Of course each group and Gm is different so - YMMW
Tottaly agreed with you! I have been running FBL for two groups too and no players says that this is survavial game. As you bring all your stats back after REST/SLEEP it is very easy to get WP.
Now I'm going to add HARDER RECOVERY rules form Genlab Alpha with some tweeks for using PRIDE as new inner resourse. It will be tested this Saturday :)
Custom GM Screen and Character Sheet for FbL
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NTsVe ... YaBTUd9Rau