Crimson

Re: Some Questions

Sat 15 Dec 2018, 17:08

Thanks Tomas

I think the game is really good. Haven't played it yet (I'm on the magic chapter). About the only thing I miss is having a large town or city for urban type adventures. I realise there are villages but I nice big city full of plotting npcs and lots of political backstabbing would be a nice change to the explorations that the game focuses on. 
Remember, as a GM you can take control of the story and guide events. As a GM, for any noc remember this motto. "X person wants something really bad, and is having a hard time getting it."

In this case, its power. With the mist being lifted, one person who was in charge of a local village may wish to increase his power by taking command of many settlements. Through this delimma you can extrapolate the story in any way you wish. Was the person successful? Were there a chain of villages in one forested hex and they didn't know it until now. (They may have suspected it based off old and withered maps but that was from 30 gens ago).

Anyway, my point being. If you want a political delimma, you can make it happen. My biggest advice is to remember, when the pcs are off picking dandelions and goose berries in the hills, the world is still turning. Marry at the mill is getting grain, Betty the bar keep is still servicing, and the evil jerk faces are still doing evil jerk face things.

I keep two maps, and every so often the map state in any tabletop game will change. Things will happen, events take place, etc. Its pretty reasonable to think people will be afraid to leave their homes sure, but in time things change. Populations grow, and expansion happens. Depending on how much building the party is doing, or recovering from wounds etc, it's pretty easy to have pretty long time skips.

Just some thoughts, cheers!

SeaJay

Sat 15 Dec 2018, 17:41

Thank you for the tips Crimson, much appreciated. 

I think I'm going to devise a 'large' village. There must be some village that is bigger than the others out there. I'll just extrapolate from that. 

lupex

Sat 15 Dec 2018, 19:46

Thank you for the tips Crimson, much appreciated. 

I think I'm going to devise a 'large' village. There must be some village that is bigger than the others out there. I'll just extrapolate from that. 
The GM guide mentions Farhaven as a larger place which has a library.
Last edited by lupex on Sun 16 Dec 2018, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.

Crimson

Sun 16 Dec 2018, 03:31

No problem Seajay! If you need any help in the future dont be afraid to reach out :)
GZIP: Off