sefnerr

The roll20 has a complete Swedish translation

Mon 04 May 2020, 00:42

Big thanks to Magnus H. for translating all the text on the sheet to Swedish.

Melvin

Re: Anyone started a character sheet for roll20?

Thu 07 May 2020, 22:29

Very nice work with this sheet on roll20 ! I'm using it weekly (confined) with my players and it's great !

All my players find the sheet to be great and really useful.

I wonder how do you guys use initiative? I tried with cards from roll20 (classic card game included) but now i ask them to roll a d20 (or multiple if they have the right talent) but i can still get twice the same result. Not a big deal, really, but i wonder if there is any work ongoing (or a feature already in the sheet that i missed?) to handle initiative?

Cathan

Fri 08 May 2020, 03:30

I use a d20 and groupint. Works fine. I might tinker and use agility as a tiebreaker. Otherwise I just leave ties as they show in the init box. When we finally play live I’ll use the card. I tried using them in R20 and it was too clunky for my players. Not worth stealing fun just to be true to the rules.

Cathan

Fri 08 May 2020, 03:34

Also, based on my interactions with the sheet author, I don’t think he is interested in added too many more added features to the sheet. I think he prefers it to mirror the rules as written. It would take someone writing an API script I think. Otherwise the sheet is pretty awesome. Hugely grateful for his work.

sefnerr

Fri 08 May 2020, 08:48

In truth, I haven't given much thought to initiative. I assumed everyone was using a deck of ten cards in their game, each player and the gm draws a card(s) and then the gm right-clicks token's to add them to the turn tracker. Adjust/rearrange the tracker as needed.

There isn't a method "on-sheet" at the moment, but I'm open to ideas.

Most sheet's on roll20 do not require using API scripts for functionality since API access is a Pro(paid) level feature. I did add an optional "API dice" toggle to use the API dice roller, but the sheet's built-in roller, while a little more effort, seems to handle most pools adequately.

Mr Oldtimer

Fri 08 May 2020, 10:43

I have the deck with the FBL art work in Roll20 and we use that. Now, we rarely have more than two encounter each session which resorts to combat, so it really isn’t that much of a problem. It’s a bit clunky since one of my players always seems to forget how to use a computer even though we’re like 50 sessions in... There’s always one who forgets how to draw a card and where to put it...
I also set up a macro with a query as a token action which lets the players submit their initiative and then their tokens are automatically set in the turn tracker. It made my life easier, since I can add the opposition while they add their own tokens.

faun

Sun 17 May 2020, 09:47

I also set up a macro with a query as a token action which lets the players submit their initiative and then their tokens are automatically set in the turn tracker. It made my life easier, since I can add the opposition while they add their own tokens.
Could you please post the macro for this, I'm trying to understand what macros should be part of the game to make life easier.

Mr Oldtimer

Sun 17 May 2020, 11:41

Could you please post the macro for this, I'm trying to understand what macros should be part of the game to make life easier.
Sure!

[[?{What initiative did you get?} &{tracker:+}]]

There might be a better way to do this but this is how far my basic understanding of the macros will get me... Enjoy!

sefnerr

Sun 17 May 2020, 21:15

One method for dealing with initiative on roll20 using a 10 card deck;

1. Select a token(or token group).
2. Right-click and "Add Turn".
3. Using a modified deck (game prep: make a 10 card deck or copy the default deck and delete the extras), choose "Deal" and then "Deal Cards to Turn Order Items". Each token will then be
given a card which shows on the turn tracker. I believe each player could do this step on their own if you prefer.
4. (optional) Sort the turn tracker (gear/option>Ascending).
5. Manually adjust(drag up/down) anyone on the tracker if necessary. ie order substitution.
6. Cycle the tracker as combat progresses.
7. Once combat is finished, clear the tracker and recall+shuffle all cards.

I might be able to create an API script that can handle all of this a little more smoothly for Pro subscribers.

Mr Oldtimer

Mon 18 May 2020, 08:27

That works as well. I found out both me and my players like the feel of drawing your initiative card ourself so that’s why we’re going for the macro.