Slam Hammerfist

Re: Anyone started a character sheet for roll20?

Sat 21 Mar 2020, 17:05

What with everything going on in the world right now, my players and I are playing tonight's session on roll20. After setting up everyone's characters, the biggest thing that I see missing is the ability to add a d8-12 to skills when you have gear that adds to them. Such as the Nekhaka scepter that adds a d12 to manipulation and insight. Sure I can add that manually but I'd have to remember to do that every time, and who wants to have to remember things...

sefnerr

Sun 22 Mar 2020, 01:22

What with everything going on in the world right now, my players and I are playing tonight's session on roll20.  After setting up everyone's characters, the biggest thing that I see missing is the ability to add a d8-12 to skills when you have gear that adds to them.  Such as the Nekhaka scepter that adds a d12 to manipulation and insight.  Sure I can add that manually but I'd have to remember to do that every time, and who wants to have to remember things...
Actually...
I recently added this feature.  :-)
Each skill now has an expandable 2nd row (small gear cog should appear over the skill row. upper left). 
Sheet Author: Forbidden Lands on Roll20

Slam Hammerfist

Sun 22 Mar 2020, 21:03

Oh dang, how did I miss that?! Thanks for the info!

sefnerr

Sun 22 Mar 2020, 22:19

Oh dang, how did I miss that?!  Thanks for the info!
To be honest.  I've made changes to the sheet "nearly" weekly.  That's slowed down a little at this point.  But I'm still planning some other improvements for the sheet in the near future.  Life/time permitting.  Cheers

Slam Hammerfist

Mon 23 Mar 2020, 00:52

One of my players found the book of knowledge from the Eye of the Rose site, which adds +2 gear dice and a d8 to lore rolls. Is there any way to do that?

sefnerr

Mon 23 Mar 2020, 06:26

One of my players found the book of knowledge from the Eye of the Rose site, which adds +2 gear dice and a d8 to lore rolls.  Is there any way to do that?
I'm thinking I need to add a "Misc Gear" modifier to skills.  I'll look into making that change...
Until that happens, here's a couple of options;
   1. Like all preset buttons on the sheet, you can always manually adjust your dice pool before you hit the "Roll" button.
   2. You can "hack" the Lore notes field by adding;

lore notes...}} {{gear-die-one=[[ 1 ]] }} {{gear-roll-one=[[1d6]] }} {{gear-die-two=[[ 1 ]] }} {{gear-roll-two=[[1d6]]

copy/paste the code above into the Lore notes field.  This allows for you to still enter notes if desired(you can remove "Lore notes", but you must keep "}}" to allow the 2 gear dice.)  Although you won't see the gear dice reflected in the dice pool when you push the Lore skill, they will be included when you make the roll.

Slam Hammerfist

Mon 23 Mar 2020, 15:46

Thanks again for the help!

Oathbloom

Sat 02 May 2020, 19:26

This is great, thank you!

From the Roll20 thread I read that there is Swedish translation ongoing or completed - is this correct?
How do I test out the Swedish version of the sheet? As far as I can tell, there is only the Forbidden Lands sheet (no Svärdets Sång) in the game settings - and when creating a new character in Roll20 I don't see an option to create a Swedish version. What am I missing?

Thanks again!

Mr Oldtimer

Sun 03 May 2020, 11:48

From the Roll20 thread I read that there is Swedish translation ongoing or completed - is this correct?
How do I test out the Swedish version of the sheet? As far as I can tell, there is only the Forbidden Lands sheet (no Svärdets Sång) in the game settings - and when creating a new character in Roll20 I don't see an option to create a Swedish version. What am I missing?

Thanks again!
In the "My account" setting in Roll20, drop down to Preferences and set your language to Swedish, then most of your in game menus and the sheet will be in swedish.

Oathbloom

Sun 03 May 2020, 15:06

Thanks again!
In the "My account" setting in Roll20, drop down to Preferences and set your language to Swedish, then most of your in game menus and the sheet will be in swedish.
Thanks!