sefnerr

Re: Anyone started a character sheet for roll20?

Mon 25 Nov 2019, 02:15

I must have broke something in my last update. ;-( I'll get it fixed.
Sheet Author: Forbidden Lands on Roll20

tsephblade

Mon 25 Nov 2019, 02:30

I must have broke something in my last update. ;-(  I'll get it fixed.
Take your time bro. The sheet is awesome! Such a great job!

sefnerr

Mon 25 Nov 2019, 06:37

I'm not able to replicate this issue tsephblade...  (I did find a different bug that capped Base dice at "6" which I will fix in this weeks update) 
Anyone else experiencing too many Base dice being rolled?  Also, any additional info you can pass on is appreciated.  Thanks

tsephblade

Mon 25 Nov 2019, 21:14

I'm not able to replicate this issue tsephblade...  (I did find a different bug that capped Base dice at "6" which I will fix in this weeks update) 
Anyone else experiencing too many Base dice being rolled?  Also, any additional info you can pass on is appreciated.  Thanks
I took some print screens of the bug. In the first image I hit the "Clear Dice Pool"... Then I set the Lore pool and rolled the dies.

https://imgur.com/gwlfTUr
https://imgur.com/A1tXDwn
https://imgur.com/DAlt00b

ImageImageImage

sefnerr

Wed 27 Nov 2019, 04:09

Are you still seeing the extra Base dice after today's v1.56 sheet update?
Thanks

tsephblade

Thu 28 Nov 2019, 21:12

Thanks
The bug was fixed. Thank you so much!

sefnerr

Thu 28 Nov 2019, 21:16

Thanks
The bug was fixed. Thank you so much!
Thanks for breaking the sheet or fixing it?  lol
Glad you're liking it.  More improvements to come...

drsmitty

Mon 02 Dec 2019, 00:43

@sefnerr,
Prepping Roll20 for my upcoming campaign and started playing with this.  Well done, sir!  This is fantastic!  From both myself and my gaming group, thank you very much for doing this!

drsmitty

Sat 07 Dec 2019, 20:38

Some feedback from my group on our initial use of the die-roller(s) - for what it is worth.  The consensus seems to be that they prefer the presentation of the dice on the default roller but the functionality of the Pro/API roller (particularly the Push feature).  They like the way the dice are cleanly stacked in the core roller: Base Dice stacked next to Skill Dice which are stacked next to Gear Dice in separate columns according to die-type and color.  The group found the way the dice were mixed/grouped together in the API roller, with the Gear dice often off to the side on the lower left hand corner (under the total summaries) to be a bit cluttered and confusing.  In our group's opinion, if you stacked the dice on the API roller similarly to they way it is done on the Default roller, it would be a slightly cleaner presentation.  Keep the dice neatly stacked and color coded in columns on the right side, separated from the summary/total's of success, banes and the Push feature on the left side.  

Again, thank you sefnerr for this contribution to the community!  Not sure this type of die mechanic would be easy to play on Roll20 without it.

sefnerr

Sat 07 Dec 2019, 21:06

Some feedback from my group on our initial use of the die-roller(s) - for what it is worth.  The consensus seems to be that they prefer the presentation of the dice on the default roller but the functionality of the Pro/API roller (particularly the Push feature).  They like the way the dice are cleanly stacked in the core roller: Base Dice stacked next to Skill Dice which are stacked next to Gear Dice in separate columns according to die-type and color.  The group found the way the dice were mixed/grouped together in the API roller, with the Gear dice often off to the side on the lower left hand corner (under the total summaries) to be a bit cluttered and confusing.  In our group's opinion, if you stacked the dice on the API roller similarly to they way it is done on the Default roller, it would be a slightly cleaner presentation.  Keep the dice neatly stacked and color coded in columns on the right side, separated from the summary/total's of success, banes and the Push feature on the left side.  

Again, thank you sefnerr for this contribution to the community!  Not sure this type of die mechanic would be easy to play on Roll20 without it.
Thanks for the feedback drsmitty.  The API dice roller(only available to pro gm's and his/her players) was created and is maintained by someone else.  I can only control the sheet and it's roll template.  I wish roll20 sheets I had the additional API logic and functionality to group, tally, push, etc. the dice pool.  Alas, roll20's sheet authors must work within a more restricted feature set. I definitely recognize the convenience of the API roller, hence the API dice toggle option "on-sheet", so that each person may choose their own roller.  
Cheers