Valyar

Re: Anyone started a character sheet for roll20?

Mon 15 Jul 2019, 07:19

I'm the FL sheet author on roll20.
Awesome job :)

sefnerr

Mon 15 Jul 2019, 09:22

I'm the FL sheet author on roll20.
Awesome job :)
Thank you.  I'm still learning the system... so the sheet will more than likely get additional updates/changes as I conquer my ignorance.  :D
Sheet Author: Forbidden Lands on Roll20

faun

Mon 15 Jul 2019, 20:37

I signed up, and started hunting around. It looks like the character sheet is only on the dev server, but I can't seem to activate it, do I need to start a game, but when I do I still can't figure out how to start characters for the game. I'll go through the tutorials, but it is all rather confusing at first. The sheet looks awesome, Looking forward to trying this system out, and maybe playing an online game. I've not done it before, it always seemed like something I'd watch on twitch not actually play. this makes me want to play or ref online.

Thanks @Sefnerr!

sefnerr

Tue 16 Jul 2019, 00:41

Hi Faun,
the FL sheet should be available on roll20's Main as well as the Dev server.  When you create a new game, you need to pick a character sheet template to use (select Forbidden Lands from the drop-down selector), give your new game a title and be sure to Save it.  Now when you open the game, you need to use the +ADD button located on the sidebar's Journal tab(3rd tab over) to create a new character(s).  Roll20 can be a little confusing at first.  There's lot's of features that might not be all that intuitive at first... Let me know if you still have any issues. Cheers

GoblinLoveChild

Tue 30 Jul 2019, 07:17

Hey Sefnerr
Do you think you would be able to whip up a quick NOC monster tab to the character sheet.
Basically all it would need is the 4 stats. A free text field for descriptions etc. 

'And 6 rows to add monster attacks. preferably in the same format as the weapon tables in the main sheet so you can select the enter the attack type, then choose the required dice (they go quite high and are not linked to skill or stat levels making using the main character sheet a bit clunky)  

As a bonus addition it would be great to have a random attack button too so it rolls a D6 the actions the appropriate attack automatically

As a side note I've been playing on roll20 since it launched and your character sheet is one of the best I've come across. I especially like your work with the dice roller.

sefnerr

Tue 30 Jul 2019, 07:32

Hey Sefnerr
Do you think you would be able to whip up a quick NOC monster tab to the character sheet.
Basically all it would need is the 4 stats. A free text field for descriptions etc. 

'And 6 rows to add monster attacks. preferably in the same format as the weapon tables in the main sheet so you can select the enter the attack type, then choose the required dice (they go quite high and are not linked to skill or stat levels making using the main character sheet a bit clunky)  

As a bonus addition it would be great to have a random attack button too so it rolls a D6 the actions the appropriate attack automatically

As a side note I've been playing on roll20 since it launched and your character sheet is one of the best I've come across. I especially like your work with the dice roller.
I like those suggestions GoblinLoveChild.  Anything to help make FL easier to play on Roll20 for GM's and players...  I'll take this under serious consideration.
Also, I'm planning on adding additional Base/Attribute dice as well, that might help for larger dice pool's...  
Thanks for the suggestions and the kind words.  Cheers

Mr Oldtimer

Tue 30 Jul 2019, 09:00

Actually, that was a really good idea. Haven’t missed that feature since I roll all DM rolls live (I got all the dices after all) but would definetly try it out. A bit difficult to fudge rolls if needed but maybe that will help us get the lethslity a bit higher now when the PCs got too much talents...

faun

Tue 30 Jul 2019, 11:44

Hi Sefnerr, could you add a set of attribute dice that can be added by helpers? just so it is all on one roll? 
from PH Pg 48
For each person helping you, you get a +1 modification. No more than three people can help you with a single roll, meaning your maximum modification from assistance is +3.

sefnerr

Wed 31 Jul 2019, 03:21

Hi Sefnerr, could you add a set of attribute dice that can be added by helpers? just so it is all on one roll? 
from PH Pg 48
For each person helping you, you get a +1 modification. No more than three people can help you with a single roll, meaning your maximum modification from assistance is +3.
I am open to this, but I've assumed that player's simply adjust their dice pool for help by adding additional skill dice.  Maybe more skill dice need to be included?  FYI: I am planning on adding additional base/attribute dice(up to +12 to handle the big bad monsters)

Kalan

Wed 31 Jul 2019, 11:11

Have to say the sheet is pretty cool! Was toying around with it the other day and like it.

As others have mentioned, an NPC specific sheet would be fantastic :)