Calagnar
Topic Author

Cleanse Spirit & Healing Hands

Sat 27 Jan 2018, 04:04

I have looked over the english version of the spells. It looks like they almost do the same thing. The only difference is one dose not affect critical injuries. It seams like it should be one spells not two for such a minor difference in effect. Just to cut down on the word count. Unless Cleanse Spirit is to heal Wits, and Empathy. With Healing Hands is to heal Strength, and Agility. However that is not the current version of the spells read. 

Cleanse Spirit 
You heal a number of damage or fatigue points equal to the power level of your spells. You cannot heal yourself with this spell. 

Healing Hands
You heal a number of points equal to the power level. This spells dose not affect critical injuries. You cannot heal yourself with his spell. 

Fenhorn

Re: Cleanse Spirit & Healing Hands

Sat 27 Jan 2018, 07:50

Cleanse Sprit are suppose to heal Confusion and Doubt not Damage and Fatigue.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Tomas
Site Admin

Sat 27 Jan 2018, 09:47

Yes, this is a typo. We'll get that fixed!
Fria Ligan

Mr Oldtimer

Wed 26 Aug 2020, 19:28

On the same topic.
I had a PC targeted by the spell Terror last night, breaking him in both WITS and EMPATHY at the same time. My druid player asked me about the healing spells because the wording is subject to interpretation. Both spells have you "heal a number of points" to STR/AGI or WIT/EMP. Though the wording is a bit different in the two spells, they're quite similar in this regard. So, it states you can heal the attributes in question up to power level points. ("You immediately heal a number of WITS or EMPATHY points equal to the power level") Does this mean you have to choose one or the other for each spell cast or can you use one casting of these spells healing both attributes at once, distributing the points between the two? It doesn't confirm, nor deny, you can heal both attributes at the same time.
We had a possible TPK situation on our hands, had the druid not been able to get the fighter back up on his feet. I quickly made the ruling the druid could spread the points evenly across both attributes if he payed one spell power level (one more WP and chance of mishap) in order to do so.

So, does anyone know how the rules are supposed to apply here? How would you rule in this case?

And yes, the PCs survived.

Fenhorn

Wed 26 Aug 2020, 19:45

On the same topic.
I had a PC targeted by the spell Terror last night, breaking him in both WITS and EMPATHY at the same time. My druid player asked me about the healing spells because the wording is subject to interpretation. Both spells have you "heal a number of points" to STR/AGI or WIT/EMP. Though the wording is a bit different in the two spells, they're quite similar in this regard. So, it states you can heal the attributes in question up to power level points. ("You immediately heal a number of WITS or EMPATHY points equal to the power level") Does this mean you have to choose one or the other for each spell cast or can you use one casting of these spells healing both attributes at once, distributing the points between the two? It doesn't confirm, nor deny, you can heal both attributes at the same time.
We had a possible TPK situation on our hands, had the druid not been able to get the fighter back up on his feet. I quickly made the ruling the druid could spread the points evenly across both attributes if he payed one spell power level (one more WP and chance of mishap) in order to do so.

So, does anyone know how the rules are supposed to apply here? How would you rule in this case?

And yes, the PCs survived.
I let the druid choose when he cast the spell, one or the other or both in any way he see fit (for a total up to the Power Level). If the druid is creating a magic trinket (Bind Magic) then, since he has to cast the spell when he binds the magic, has to choose what he heals. So when the trinket is used it heals whatever the druid selected back then. At least that's how we do it.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Mr Oldtimer

Wed 26 Aug 2020, 19:55

Thank you for your quick reply.

Brior

Wed 26 Aug 2020, 20:01

Cleanse Spirit are suppose to heal Confusion and Doubt not Damage and Fatigue.
Don't forget it also stops Corona ;-)

Mr Oldtimer

Wed 26 Aug 2020, 20:19

Cleanse Spirit are suppose to heal Confusion and Doubt not Damage and Fatigue.
Don't forget it also stops Corona ;-)
Really?

I believe you're thinking about NATURE'S CURE.... ;)