Jeff Mindlin
Topic Author

ALPHA English errata/typos etc.

Fri 05 Jan 2018, 03:02

Page 7 last paragraph repetition of "never should have existed"
Ravenland section in general - translation could be improved. Meanings a little unclear in several places.

Jeff Mindlin
Topic Author

Re: English errata/typos etc.

Fri 05 Jan 2018, 13:13

Halflings are brilliant! Best halfling ever!
Like the wolves and orcs too. Maybe other kin could have a bit more similar dark bitterness to them? Would make for a great set-up atmosphere if they were all so dark and there were no gentler options...?

2mooresmail

Tue 23 Jan 2018, 18:35

In the English translation, Chapter 2, page 20, there is a chart relating to age and maturity of different kin. Elf is not listed on the chart.

King_Kull

Wed 24 Jan 2018, 00:01

In the English translation, Chapter 2, page 20, there is a chart relating to age and maturity of different kin. Elf is not listed on the chart.
That is so because elves don’t have these age steps. They are immortal creatures ;)
Therefore no place for elves in the chart.
I am king!

Jizmack

Wed 24 Jan 2018, 19:21

Combat and Misery chapter, page 86.
The picture of weapons include a weapon with name “xxx”. The weapon looks like a “Spiked Club” I think.

Neuralnoise

Thu 25 Jan 2018, 08:48

Chapter's 4,5,6. I'll edit this post as I go à long. 

At the bottom page of the whole document : the chapter and chapter's name are in swedish

Chapter 4, p58, The path of the enemy : the n of talent is missing.

Chapter 5 and 6 have the same intro.
Last edited by Neuralnoise on Thu 25 Jan 2018, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.

Arnold

Thu 25 Jan 2018, 17:12

I think the example for initiative on page 76 is wrong. The right order must be Orc 1, Niamena, Tyrgar and Orcs 2 and 3.

King_Kull

Thu 25 Jan 2018, 18:08

I think the example for initiative on page 76 is wrong. The right order must be Orc 1, Niamena, Tyrgar and Orcs 2 and 3.
Yes, your initiative order is correct.
I am king!

King_Kull

Thu 25 Jan 2018, 18:09

Chapter 4
Page 56
THE HALF-ELF TALENT: PSYCHIC POWERS
This is not a term I would use. This is a magical world not a world with mutants ;)
How sounds Magical Prowess or something like that?

Page 56+
Talanger means Talent? Don’t forget to change it before printing ;)

Page 58
THE PATH OF THE ENEMY
Observe that this talet is only applicable if you use the system for hidden combinations in close combat
= …that this talent is only…
This talent only functions if you use the hidden combinations. This is kind of sad if you don’t use this. And you only use the combinations with the cards. Therefore you will only use it against major foes because otherwise it will increase the duration of combat. Isn’t it correct? And if I’m correct this is a talent which doesn’t get used as often as others. Doesn’t seem fair to me.
Page 61
THE PATH OF THE SONG
And what about the songs of this talent? Are they also slow actions in combat? Ok, Level 1 and 2 aren’t used in combat, but Level 3? And which attribute is damaged?

Page 61
THE PATH OF THE WARCRY
“emit” is a strange word to use. How about shout or bellow?

Page 67
CHEF
When the food is durable and be saved will it become a Ration increase? And if so, how large is the increase? One step I assume?

Page 73
THROING ARM = THROWING ARM

Chapter 5
Page 74
INITIATIVE
The number of cards isn’t very high. What if I have 6 PCs and 6 NPCs and all of the NPCs are different? Then I have to group the NPCs together or is there another way?

Page 77
FAST ACTIONS
Where is the DUCK action from the Talents? Or is it DODGE?

Page 77
ZONE FEATURES
There should be a space between the Rough and Open description.

Page 80
SNEAK ATTACKS
This was discussed before under skills (Sneak and Scout). It seems okay to penalize a group of ambushers if the party is large. But it doesn’t make sense the other way round. In a large group the probability is much higher that one notices something.

Page 82
REACTIVE ACTIONS
As you can only Parry or Dodge if you have an action left that would mean that it’s not so good to be very quick because you can’t parry anymore. Or will this reduce your actions for the next round if you haven’t any actions left? Or could you reserve on action so that you can take a Reactive Action?

Page 84
FAST ACTIONS
There should be a space between Swing Weapon and Stand Up.

Page 85
DISARM
You cannot use DISARM shield. = You cannot use a shield to DISARM or You cannot DISARM a shield

Page 87
AWAIT
This card is nearly incomprehensible to me… This text should be edited and there has to be an example.

Page 89
CAREFUL AIM = AIM CAREFULLY
This is the term used in the table on page 77.

Page 91
MANIPULATE A GROUP
If there is no leader than the character rolls once and every character in a group makes an Insight?

Page 95
ARMOR
A shield give you a bonus – a bonus to what? Parry, Armor Rating? And if it’s Armor Rating than a shield would give you nothing if you have no armor?

And if I rolled three successes for my chainmail but still one damage penetrates my armor than I will my Armor Rating is reduced by three? Armor in FL is not very durable it seems…

Page 97
BROKEN
There should be a space between Agility and Wits.

Page 110
BIND MAGIC
Could a magic user use an object that he hasn’t bind a spell into if he knows how to activate it? Or does he have to know the spell?

I am king!

Tomas
Site Admin

Fri 26 Jan 2018, 21:54

Thanks for the feedback! We'll get back to your specific questions. :)
Fria Ligan