utterkungen

Re: Assorted tidbits

Fri 20 Oct 2017, 04:27

This will be easier to discuss once you see it.
I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that I am excited to see what you guys come up with. Already talked the setting up to some friends and they are excited as well. Here is hoping the play test comes along before my son is born and I am knee deep in diapers!

Brior
Topic Author

Fri 03 Nov 2017, 14:05

Currently writing ”The Stone Gardens” – my last adventure site to complete before I turn to the campaign finale and short story. I like to reference other stuff and decided to have a song by The Doors as a theme in this site. Lets see if you can find which one in this quote:

Before departure, the maggot dwarves fill up tanks with the glue and tar you brought in kegs. These sticky fluids will help the spider walker get a better grip.

King_Kull

Fri 03 Nov 2017, 17:02

Not to touch the Earth? Because of:
The engine runs on glue and tar.
I am king!

Brior
Topic Author

Fri 03 Nov 2017, 17:20

Very good! You ARE (lizard) king!

King_Kull

Fri 03 Nov 2017, 18:07

Very good! You ARE (lizard) king!
Yes!!! :)
I am king!

Brior
Topic Author

Fri 10 Nov 2017, 11:33

Just sent off a document with ten magical artefacts to FL, complete with legends, traits and suggestions on where to find them.

Excerpt:
It is said that after the god Clay tamed the winds, he was very tired and needed to sleep. Eager not to let the captured winds escape, he made a rosary with Maha signs that could dictate the weather and left it with the trusted elven maid Milicoria. The sea monster Gargal however resented that the sea storms, his former friends, had been enslaved. While Clay slept, Gargal took the form of the beautiful youth Adembre, stepped out of the waves and charmed Milicoria. While they were making love, Gargal sent crabs to retrieve the rosary.
Etc.

King_Kull

Fri 10 Nov 2017, 12:15

Just sent off a document with ten magical artefacts to FL, complete with legends, traits and suggestions on where to find them.

Excerpt:
It is said that after the god Clay tamed the winds, he was very tired and needed to sleep. Eager not to let the captured winds escape, he made a rosary with Maha signs that could dictate the weather and left it with the trusted elven maid Milicoria. The sea monster Gargal however resented that the sea storms, his former friends, had been enslaved. While Clay slept, Gargal took the form of the beautiful youth Adembre, stepped out of the waves and charmed Milicoria. While they were making love, Gargal sent crabs to retrieve the rosary.
Etc.
Cool and AWESOME! :)
I am king!

Lowdice

Fri 10 Nov 2017, 20:20

I need some sort of "like" thingy to press on your posts Brior

Brior
Topic Author

Fri 10 Nov 2017, 20:55

Same goes for me. Futility ensues!

FYI I just sent six persons a test of a cipher you'll encounter in one of the adventure sites. Like Goldilocks I want to find out if it's too hard, too easy or just right. This cipher is actually more about decoding how to use a holy language of pictograms and then use it to solve a mystery. If things turn out as I plan, players with a druid character will then be able to use this language for their magic and create their own signs.

HumbleDM

Mon 13 Nov 2017, 17:24

Same goes for me. Futility ensues!

FYI I just sent six persons a test of a cipher you'll encounter in one of the adventure sites. Like Goldilocks I want to find out if it's too hard, too easy or just right. This cipher is actually more about decoding how to use a holy language of pictograms and then use it to solve a mystery. If things turn out as I plan, players with a druid character will then be able to use this language for their magic and create their own signs.
I would love to get in on this if at all possible! I've only just joined the board and am trying to catch up with everything.
The ideas proposed here regarding words for the spells cyphers etc are all incredibly interesting. I don't think I've seen other systems use this sort of thing before.