Astro_Val

Re: Why Two Rulebooks this time around?

Fri 13 Oct 2017, 15:12

Agreed with Torostar and the previous posters.
Also the added benefit that two books bring a kind of retro nostalgia, do they not?

Sonata

Mon 16 Oct 2017, 12:24

Well two books are pretty cool. First it give us two cools covers! It seem that we'll have a campaign book and a rulebook it can be very usefull. If we got a grimoire-like magic system the GM can continue his story wile players can search for magic, or create their characters, etc.

lupex

Thu 02 Nov 2017, 22:19

It would actually be great if we could pick up an extra copy of the rule book to have at the table, I won't want my copy to be ruined by over eager players.

King_Kull

Fri 03 Nov 2017, 00:59

It would actually be great if we could pick up an extra copy of the rule book to have at the table, I won't want my copy to be ruined by over eager players.
I would think that you can order another copy of the game when the pledgemanager is online.
I am king!

lupex

Fri 03 Nov 2017, 10:28

I would think that you can order another copy of the game when the pledgemanager is online.
True, but I probably won't need two copies of the campaign guide, only the rule book. Of course I can always share the pdf version with my players

9littlebees

Fri 03 Nov 2017, 13:47

While we're on the subject, Fria Ligan, please, please produce a decent print-friendly PDF of the Player's Guide early on.

While your products are always beautiful, the PDFs are often poorly optimised for viewing on tablets, and have elaborate backgrounds that are painful to print (looking primarily at you, Coriolis!).

Tomas
Site Admin

Sun 05 Nov 2017, 20:15

While we're on the subject, Fria Ligan, please, please produce a decent print-friendly PDF of the Player's Guide early on.

While your products are always beautiful, the PDFs are often poorly optimised for viewing on tablets, and have elaborate backgrounds that are painful to print (looking primarily at you, Coriolis!).
Yep, we have learned this lesson and will provide more user-friendly PDFs of Forbidden Lands. :)
Fria Ligan

The1TrueFredrix

Mon 06 Nov 2017, 09:23

Here’s another, related question. When we were in Sweden last week, we noticed that there is a tradition in that country to package RPGs in somewhat smaller* books, which make for lovely compact boxed sets. It’s also another good reason for splitting big books in two, one smaller book would be too thick. I like the idea of Forbidden Lands coming in “Swedish size” - the PDFs will be well formatted for tablets, and the books themselves more “handy” at the table. (Though a possible disadvantage might be that they don’t stay open as well.)

What size are the Forbidden Lands books going to be?

*We didn’t get our rulers out, but they are smaller than “standard” US books or the English edition of Coriolis, yet a little larger than the “digest” sized RPGs like Fate Core or Blades in the Dark. 
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

Klas

Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:46

Here’s another, related question. When we were in Sweden last week, we noticed that there is a tradition in that country to package RPGs in somewhat smaller* books, which make for lovely compact boxed sets.
I would love this. Coffee table style books look awesome but are impossible to read in bed.

King_Kull

Tue 12 Dec 2017, 15:50

I think that the books will be larger than Fate books. I would assume something akin to their TftL and Coriolis books. And I like this size. It’s a rulebook not a novel ;)
I am king!