Omligh

Re: History

Sat 02 Dec 2017, 23:07

I don't really understand what Omlight refers to with ”magic-imbunde gadgets”. Please clarify! (Magi driven gadgets? In that case, I guess so.)
I think he means magic-imbued gadgets. Also items that works only through magic. But it’s only a guess.
Spot on King kull. ;)

Klas

Mon 11 Dec 2017, 01:16

Heya

About the economy thing: I picture there being many disconnected trade "systems" so there is no need to decide a conversion value for the whole land. Confusion is good. Got an idea for a scenario where some jet set type of NPCs are all fire and brimstone because they cheated themselves by not knowing the local gold/silver rate. Now they want their stuff back, any means necessary.

Simpa

Mon 05 Mar 2018, 14:11

Hello!
I have searched around to find the time when the Blood mist lifted. Or was the dissaperance of the Blood mist a gradual process? Was Brior writing 20 years ago somewhere or did I misunderstand that statement? Thats´quite long time! When playing (the alfa), it has big implications if the mist dissapeared two months ago, or twenty years ago. Is there an answer to this questione?

Cheers!/Simpa

Klas

Mon 05 Mar 2018, 16:31

You remember correctly, but perhaps the facts have changed :)
Anyway I feel that 20 years, a full generation, is a long time. 2 years would seem more connected with the back story.

Brior
Topic Author

Mon 05 Mar 2018, 21:58

Anyway I feel that 20 years, a full generation, is a long time. 2 years would seem more connected with the back story.
As of the current history, it's twenty years since the blood mist lifted. This is mainly because some social function should have started to pick up. Please elaborate on what issues you see with this? How would two years be more in line with the back story?
I'm leaning towards that the mist did not kill 100% but very unpredicably which spread even more fear than predictability. Also I would assume that a lot of people wouldn't trust that it's actually gone. Perhaps the old generation of humans and others had to die away before much travel started. It's pretty flexible and easy to adjust which I think is a good thing.

Brior
Topic Author

Mon 05 Mar 2018, 21:59

I mean the thing is not that blood mist is a threat anymore, but that it explains why everything is in ruins and the surroundings mostly unknown.

Klas

Mon 05 Mar 2018, 22:11

Maybe I'm just caught up in the modern mentality where 20 years is an oceanic time span. 20 years doesn't seem absurd, it's just difficult to relate to in the internet age.

Brior
Topic Author

Mon 05 Mar 2018, 22:37

20 years doesn't seem absurd, it's just difficult to relate to in the internet age.
Seems like you need some fantasy gaming to get away from the internet age ;-)

lupex

Mon 05 Mar 2018, 23:35

As of the current history, it's twenty years since the blood mist lifted. This is mainly because some social function should have started to pick up. Please elaborate on what issues you see with this? How would two years be more in line with the back story?
I'm leaning towards that the mist did not kill 100% but very unpredicably which spread even more fear than predictability. Also I would assume that a lot of people wouldn't trust that it's actually gone. Perhaps the old generation of humans and others had to die away before much travel started. It's pretty flexible and easy to adjust which I think is a good thing.
The question from my players will be - “Why hasn’t more of the region been explored in the last 20 years?” 
YZE Bestiary - https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/320924/The-Servants-of-Memory

My Blog - https://is-it-a-monster.blogspot.com/

Instant Session - https://perchance.org/fl-session-generator

Monsters - https://perchance.org/fl-monster-generator

Eldhierta

Tue 06 Mar 2018, 00:09

The question from my players will be - “Why hasn’t more of the region been explored in the last 20 years?” 
Who says it hasn't been explored? Just because no one survived to come back or tell the tale doesn't mean that exploration hasn't happened. It just means that they failed or chose never to return.