Hornblom

Re: History

Mon 21 Sep 2020, 12:50

I've recently begun journeying the Forbidden Lands and it's been a fascinating ride!
Early in this thread, Brior suggested that a good historical analogy for the technology level would be somewhere around year 1100-1200 for the human civilization.
Would you say this goes for Alderland as well as Ravenland? Or was progress slower in Ravenland during the Blood Mist, putting Alderland closer to a later medieval level of technology? Is Ravenland a war-ravaged, more archaic corner of the world, or is the setting more or less early medieval anyway?

Brior
Topic Author

Mon 21 Sep 2020, 15:18

I'd say that most of the political and technological development has taken place in Alderland, and that Ravenland has been the backwaters in these areas – after all there have never been many cities. Ravenland probably had some development when it came to spirituality, magic and philosophy though.

I'll probably start working on an Alderland expansion once Aslene is finished, so we'll see. I'm looking at a late medieval but not renaissance Alderland, but again, the development doesn't have to follow the stages in our world.

AmbrianLeonhardt

Mon 21 Sep 2020, 15:31

I'll probably start working on an Alderland expansion once Aslene is finished, so we'll see. I'm looking at a late medieval but not renaissance Alderland, but again, the development doesn't have to follow the stages in our world.
You're unstoppable! Do you have anything else in mind after that? :'D