LegoFalke
Topic Author

Stronghold: Construction

Thu 22 Apr 2021, 19:37

I have a few thoughts about contruction time on functions in the stonghold.
What I can find out from the rulebook, one character or Master Builder NPC can start a building project and then it will be finished when the specific time has passed as long as work is carried out two quarters per day.
I don't find anything about shortening the time by allowing more PCs or NPC to work on the project, in fact there is no "regular builder" NPCs to be hired.

So I was thinking about making some rules to allow PCs to help on a building project by converting the time in days to work quarters. As 2 quarters of work per day is essential for the building to be completed in time, that would make for exampel a 7 day projekt be devided into 14 quarters. Lets say 4 PCs could make 8 work quarters on a building project per day, allowing the building to be completed in less then two days.

I don't know if this is resonable but since most of my players are actually out questing most of the time, it would take a loooong time getting anything finished if the PC would do it themselves.
As I mention above, the Master Builder feels more like an architect then a regular construction worker so I am thinking about adding another hireling option "builder" for lesser coin to be hired once construction has started.

I would like your opinions, thoughts and other solutions.

currentpattern

Re: Stronghold: Construction

Fri 30 Apr 2021, 03:32

Yeah, I solved that one, mostly.

I decided that there are 4 different kinds of workers you can hire, and they subtract from the build time by a specific amount per worker.

1) A nonprofessional laborer (someone pulled off the street and hired).
  • 2 Copper/day
  • common
  • -1/4 Day from Build Time as an extra worker
  • If Foreman: Roll 5 Base Dice to succeed at building a function.
2) A professional laborer (this is their regular job).
  • 3 Copper/day.
  • common
  • -1 Day from Build Time as an extra worker
  • If Foreman: Roll 6 Base Dice to succeed at building a function.
3) A nonprofessional Builder (someone who has the Builder talent, but doesn't make their living from it)
  • 16 Copper/day.
  • common
  • -2 Days from Build Time as an extra worker
  • If Foreman: Roll 7 Base Dice to succeed at building a function.
4) Professoinal Builder (i.e. the Master Builder)
  • 20 Copper/day.
  • uncommon
  • -3 Days from Build Time as an extra worker
  • If Foreman: Automatically succeeds at building a function.

Oh, and you can never reduce build time to under 1 full day.
And some functions, like the Mine, are too cramped to be able to accomodate any more than 12 workers in construction.