TheManMachine
Topic Author

Re: Wyrm Tales - A Forbidden Lands random content generator

Wed 29 Jul 2020, 01:52

Plan to add in the new tables for bitter reach?

That would be the plan. But to be honest I just realized I never got my Bitter Reach PDF:s. My printed book was shipped to Sweden, and I haven't been able to pick it up. So I actually have no idea how much new content is in the Bitter Reach (how much work I am looking at). I have contacted Fria Ligan to get my PDF:s, and will try to get back to you on this when I have received them.

TheManMachine
Topic Author

Wed 29 Jul 2020, 14:50

Ok, so I got my Bitter Reach PDF:s today, the Free League customer service is quick! :)

After a quick scan it seems that the adventure sites are very similar to FL in their structure, which is good. I can hopefully mostly use the same logic and templates, and just switch out the content in the randomized tables. I will see when I can find the time to look at this.

Konungr

Wed 29 Jul 2020, 21:05

Yeah its just ice caves, settlements, and elven ruins instead of ruins, villages, and castles respectively.

Lumberfoots

Thu 30 Jul 2020, 19:38

This is fantastic! Im going to be using it from now on. Have you considered having an npc generator in there as well?

TheManMachine
Topic Author

Fri 07 Aug 2020, 17:25

Have you considered having an npc generator in there as well?

Yes, it is on my to-do list. It is a bit of work to do it right, though. I would need to create tables for races, names (per race), occupations, quirks, weapons, equipment and so on, and since it will not be copy-paste from the rulebook it takes longer to create. But I hope I will get there, and then use these NPC:s for the village conflicts that was also requested.

My next step is to incorporate The Bitter Reach adventure sites though, they are easier to implement and I'm guessing a lot of people will want to play the expansion soon. :)

Lumberfoots

Fri 07 Aug 2020, 18:51

Well im looking forward to that! Getting a name list of a decent size for each race will be a job and a half, I guess it depends on how you do it. (Already made name lists or something else.) Looking forward to your bitter reach stuff!