Elthrandil

What to find in .....?

Sat 14 Sep 2019, 13:18

Hey,

after I asked you guys about what to find in Falender roughly a month ago, I thought it would be really interesting to see and exchange how you imagine other important locations of the Forbidden Lands that are not that detailed in the books (yet?).

So after my players peaked into Falender, they will be visiting Farhaven very soon. The Game Master's Guide implies that Farhaven is quite an important settlement for the Forbidden Lands, because the leader of the church of Wyrm is located here. Furthermore I think it is somewhere stated that Farhaven has a large library and that the church of Wyrm is appreciated for keeping the history of the Ravenlands alive.

So what do you guys think about Farhaven? Where would you locate the city and what could one find within the library?
I would love to see your ideas! :D

Lalipat

Re: What to find in .....?

Mon 16 Sep 2019, 11:07

Hi!

I have thought about Farhaven a bit and right now my plan is to place it in Ag48. The background would be that the Wyrm-believing refugees of Falender tried to reach Alderland by sea, but when they understood that it was impossible they settled as close as possible. The location is also very close to Solehaven, where the humans originally should have entered the lands (according to the history presented in the Gamemaster's guide). I guess that suitable legends to place in the library could be the ones of Nekhaka, Ivelde, the Phantom daggers and Wyrm's key.

Stockworth

Wed 18 Sep 2019, 20:44

I've not given much thought to Farhaven, but my party is poking into Wailer's Hold right now.
I've got it set up as a kind of three-way power struggle between some Dwarves trying to reclaim the city, some Human treasure hunters looking for money, and some Orcs trying to secure another home for themselves. Meanwhile, demons prowl the streets by day and night, making travel on the open streets dangerous. There's an upper city (northern hex) and a lower city divided by a large wall and cliff, traversable through a few small passages or up the Grand Staircase. All the schemes of the various factions converge on the Underthrone, the old seat of power, and the nearby Hall of the Ancestors, where the old kings are buried.
There may also be a demon prince around, and some folks might be trying to open another demonic nexus...

Elthrandil

Sat 21 Sep 2019, 12:39

Hi!

I have thought about Farhaven a bit and right now my plan is to place it in Ag48. The background would be that the Wyrm-believing refugees of Falender tried to reach Alderland by sea, but when they understood that it was impossible they settled as close as possible. The location is also very close to Solehaven, where the humans originally should have entered the lands (according to the history presented in the Gamemaster's guide). I guess that suitable legends to place in the library could be the ones of Nekhaka, Ivelde, the Phantom daggers and Wyrm's key.
I really like your idea, although I did it a little bit differently. I placed Farhaven in An21. The coast of the bay spans over three hexagons, so there is plenty of room for my players to discover arround Farhaven :D.
Some time ago I found this awesome adventure-site artist and always wanted to use it for my adventures (I think I already posted it somwhere else in the forum)
http://www.thebayofspirits.ca/

I used the biggest city of the map as Farhaven. During the Alder Wars, minor nobles were sent to the bay along with their people to colonize the area and build a port for the fleet of Alderland. But with the never ending wars and much more bigger demon problems, the King of Alderland stopped to support the colonization, so the people of the bay were on their own.
Today we have several tiny villages along the coast and after Falender was burned down, the church of Wyrm settled here too. A few weeks ago, smugglers found a passage to Alderland and are now smuggling people and goods along the route.
In Farhaven I placed a large monastery of Wyrm, a big temple and the library, which is a big, fireproof cuboid. The head of the curch of Wyrm is also located here. He wears Wyrm's Key (which is also the key to the library) around his neck.

I used a lot of the PDF's I bought from Roan Studio on DriveThruRPG. If anyone is interested, I can't recommend the Bay of Spirits PDF enough :)
GZIP: Off