Magnapocryphe
Topic Author

Eor And Red Wanderer

Sun 03 Mar 2019, 17:33

Hello!

I can't find any description of Eor (the Moon goddess) but in the Halflign/Goblin part in the GM book.

Did I miss something? O.O

It there any link with the Nightwalker (walker/wanderer)?
This god isn't really used except in the god part (GM book).

Are those different interpretationd of the same god?

I feel sad we have nothing about it! My goblin/halfling group is motherless XD
Last edited by Magnapocryphe on Mon 04 Mar 2019, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.
If you see the Buddha on the road,
Kill the Buddha.

Magnapocryphe
Topic Author

Re: Eor

Sun 03 Mar 2019, 17:53

Okay, it's the same for the Red Wanderer of the sky...

Old gods only known by one specific kind, except for Huge.
Kill the Buddha.

Valyar

Sun 03 Mar 2019, 21:40

Not much information on Eor and the Red Wanderer, which allows more room for improvisation in my games, but also less to get inspiration from.

Magnapocryphe
Topic Author

Mon 04 Mar 2019, 18:15

Yep!

I see it as an hint too.

It reveals that those gods are only known by some kind, but not all. Then all gods are not shared.
Wyrm and Raven seemed to be known by both human and none humans, but some other are more confidential.

I'm interested in the Nightwalker for Eor, since her new attribution is lie and mystery...
Kill the Buddha.

Magnapocryphe
Topic Author

Mon 04 Mar 2019, 18:43

I'm wondering myself...

Is the sun red?

The elf "creator" is the Red Wanderer of the sky. The astre that gives light then, and rubis is its colour... The Sun?
Kill the Buddha.

Brior

Mon 04 Mar 2019, 19:21

I'm wondering myself...

Is the sun red?

The elf "creator" is the Red Wanderer of the sky. The astre that gives light then, and rubis is its colour... The Sun?
I picture ”The Red Wanderer” as a planet, possibly with a very elongated orbit so that it only appears at regular intervals. The Sun I assume is somewhat like our own.

More about Eor and the Nightwalker might appear in later expansions. The format restrictions do make the information selective and also it's also prudent to leave hooks for the future as a constructor.

Magnapocryphe
Topic Author

Re: Eor And Red Wanderer

Mon 04 Mar 2019, 19:24

Mmmmh... you're shaking my curiosity!
Thank you for the informations! ;-)

I hope we will have some release soon? 2019? :D
Kill the Buddha.

Arnold

Mon 04 Mar 2019, 20:01

The Nightwalker is part of a pantheon which also includes Wail and Flow and which is widely spreaded. The Elves, Elvenkind, Aillanders and Alderlanders worship this three gods, perhaps even orcs (there is sadly not much stuff about orcs and religion).
Only the main god of the pantheon differs from kin to kin: Clay, Wyrm or Raven, but Raven and Clay seems to me very simular deitys.

I see Flow as a good healing and water godness and partner of the chief, wail as a demanding weather godness and the nightwalker more as their evil counterpart, which must be appeased with offerings.

Clay and Raven are both nature loving typical druid deities, and wyrm is more the wisdom and prosperity loving god in conflict with nature.  

Sherman

Tue 05 Mar 2019, 09:54

The Nightwalker isn't really evil... He's the protector of the night, and from my reading, a god of knowledge. I get the impression it's more of an inscrutable, ancient god, that people just avoid since ancient gods tend to demand more blood sacrifice and aren't super logical.

I assume when people consider asking The Nightwalker for divine assistance, the current pop culture saying the Raven Lands is, "Do you want Nightwargs? Because that's how you get Nightwargs!"