During the Alpha, there were several comments regarding the adventure site Weatherstone. None of those comments were addressed in the Beta Gamemaster's Guide release.
1. War chest is 'hidden in the stronghold's dungeons' in the description but later it is in a wagon house and not hidden.
2. In the description: The curse is not fully lifted, every full moon the undead rise - this is not explored in the text at all. If this were true, there should be signs of a lot of recent movement in the dust (depending on how often full moons happen here). And, the undead could be up and about when the players arrive just from bad timing.
3. Problem with the legend - there is a mention of a curse being broken - but no mention of a curse being cast. This is confusing. In the legend it is just the will of Algarod that keeps him going - this is not a curse per se.
4. Dalb knows way too much - any adventurer should be questioning how Dalb knows that there is an 'unholy creature lurking in the cellar that can rip a mans arms off'. He shouldn't know this unless he was in there. But also, how does he know that Rustbite can slay it? For example: some demons can only be hurt by water - how does he have the knowledge that Rustbite can harm the creature? He shouldn't. A crafty player will catch this.
5. The map doesn't adequately describe where the 'wagon house' is. Our only description comes from the Ravine. At the bottom of the ravine is a cave that was used as a wagon house. How did wagons get in there? There should be an easy access road if wagons traveled it. Where is this road on the map? It should be obvious and easily accessible if it is a wagon house.
6. It is hard to justify leaving treasure in the open, just sitting in wagons in a wagon house. It should have been stolen immediately after it was left there.
7. The creature alternates between scorpion/human/lion and scorpion/lion.
1. Create a secret passage from the laboratory to a dungeon room. When adventurers get down into the dungeon they will see that the wall has partially collapsed giving access to the ravine outside. Simple, everything else regarding harpies etc stays the same.
2. Remove the bit about the full moon having the dead rise. It isn't needed.
3. Change the legend to correctly describe Therania cursing the king and his men and forcing them to guard Weatherstone. Now we have a curse.
4. Change Dalb's tale to say that he heard a rumor (from a halfling minstrel, who heard it from a goblin that recently attempted to steal from Weatherstone - or just a rumor) that there is a creature lurking in the castle. As for slaying it - include an additional legend:
"If what Esgar is saying is true, and the sword of king Algarod is here, it may be just the thing you need. Legend has it that the king was able to slay many of Zygofer's monsters before he finally fell. His sword is likely magical. Find the sword and you may be able to kill the beast." Now he no longer has to have been in Weatherstone and he has no specific knowledge of killing the creature.
5. Ditch the wagon house. The treasure is in a secret room. Now there is no need to change the map to create a road to a wagon house.
6. Put the treasure in a secret dungeon room.
7. Fix the creature description to be one or the other.