Lego
Topic Author

Camp questions

Wed 15 May 2019, 06:43

A few questions on camping

1) When the person whom will keep watch sleeps and someone else is making camp would the person sleeping be considered sleeping on "bare ground" pg156 since the camp is not made yet?  

2) Is "keep watch" pg149 and "standing guard" pg155 the same thing?

3) Can multiple people sleep while camp is being set up then the other group in the next quarter?

4) Do you need to have someone on watch while camp is being set up?

5)  If the person setting up camp has a tent (2 person) with a +2 bonus would they get the bonus to making camp if the group has 3+ people?

hperantunes

Re: Camp questions

Wed 15 May 2019, 06:49

My personal take:

1. Yes.
  2. I think so.
  3. Sure, but I don't consider the benefits of having a prepared camp while it's still being set.
  4. No, it's up to your party if they want to risk being surprised while setting up camp.
  5. The bonus provided by this equipment is for making the camp, it does not affect how many people can make this roll.

Lego
Topic Author

Wed 15 May 2019, 07:00

Thank you for your reply

1) This makes keeping watch very rough and you need high scouting and high survival and endurance.  Would you say they would not get cold since the overnight portion they have a fire?

5) What would be the point of a large tent?

Charlie D

Wed 15 May 2019, 18:31

Thank you for your reply

1) This makes keeping watch very rough and you need high scouting and high survival and endurance.  Would you say they would not get cold since the overnight portion they have a fire?

5) What would be the point of a large tent?
1. Yes. And actually I'd say the person making camp could be assumed to getting the night watch down first to sleep as well by finding them a spot to sleep and making a fire so no extra Survival rolls are needed.

5. I'd say a small tent would not provide a gear bonus to 3+ people making camp. You would need enough tents to cover everyone to get the gear bonus.

Lego
Topic Author

Wed 22 May 2019, 23:38

I read in a different thread that general talents stack and that makes sense. What about gear. Can you use a tent +2 and flint and steel +1 to make camp at +3? Also if not why would the rope and hook both be a +1 each.

In reference to that other thread why would pack rat and lightning fast not stack. They have no overlap.

Fenhorn

Thu 23 May 2019, 00:27

You can use whatever gear that fits when you describe your skill use (and that the GM allows of course).

Pack Rat and Lightning Fast are misses in how talents are written. Each rank shown in those two talents describe the combined effect not individual effects. Talents where described and used that way for a short while during the beta test. So this is a leftover from that. So Pack Rat rank 1 is +2 items and Pack Rat rank 2 is +5 items, not +7, etc. and the same for Lightning Fast. It is more obvious with Lightning Fast.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore